Chapter 18 - The Prism

"Excuse me, can you please tell me where can I find Doctor Paige Miller?" Violet asked at the reception of the city hospital.

The young receptionist looked up from the computer screen, she narrowed her eyes a little at the woman in front of her. It was late and most of the visitors were leaving the hospital, only patients and visitors who were staying the night were left beside the staff.

"I'm sorry ma'am but Doctor Paige's shift is over and she has already left the hospital. Did you have an appointment with her?" she asked. Violet looked at her watch while she was talking; 11:15, it's correct time.

Violet looked up with a straight face, "Zero four zero seven two zero two two." 

The girl at the reception examined her her for a second and gave a single nod, "Room 501."

"Thanks," Violet said as she rushed to the mentioned room. 

Making sure she was in front of right room, she turned the knob. She peeked in before entering, a figure was sitting on the chair behind a desk, her long nails tapping the table top in a continuous rhythm.

Violet finally opened the door wide and entered, "Your once sharp senses has dulled now Dr. Paige, I've been standing at the door for like, 3 seconds."

Paige stood up with a smile and walked towards Violet, "Oh is that so?"

"Mhmm," Violet hummed reflecting the doctor's smile and hugged her.

"For your kind information Violet, I heard clickety clack of your heels when you were five feet away from the door," Dr. Paige said and pulled her earlobe slightly. "It was the sound of block heels, you always liked to wear them," she reminisced while massaging her temple, "Oh and not to mention your ever favourite perfume, rainforest mist, was it? It's smell entered my nose the moment you opened the door," she rubbed her nose with a smirk.

"Fine, so your senses are as keen as ever, I see." Violet smirked back as she noted the doctor touching her ear, head and nose to point out her sharp hearing, memory and sense of smell.

"Anyway Vi, how have you been?" Dr. Paige asked with a smile as she walked Violet to the desk offering her a seat, while she herself leaned her back on the table facing Violet.

 Violet sat down on one of the two chairs in front of the desk. She bit the inside of her, the joy of meeting her old friend was fading away as worry started reappearing on the surface. "Paige." Violet looked at her friend with all seriousness, "How is Sophia?"

Paige's eyes softened, she smiled reassuringly at her friend. "Trust Damon a little, yeah?"

Violet glared at the blonde in front of her, however, it was meant for someone else. Her eyebrows twitched at the mentioned name as she clenched her fist under the table "Oh, trust me, alright! I'm gonna beat him to a pulp when I see him!"

Paige chuckled lightly at her antics before saying, "Don't worry Vi, there were no major injuries. She's fine."

Violet wanted to ask a hundred more questions about the happenings of the night, her mind was swirling with doubts and suspicions. But for now, she was satisfied with the one answer she got. Sophia is fine.

-STRENGTH-

Stephen, Cole and Ryan winced simultaneously as they saw Mr. Smith hiss while wiping the light trickle of blood from his busted lips. Though, Stephen felt no pity for him. In fact he was a little happy that, that idiot got what he deserved. On the other hand both of his brothers were thoroughly confused. Why would their dad punch someone he was hugging just a second ago? Why were they hugging each other in the first place? Heck! Why do they even know each other!?