Chapter 16 - Let's Par-Tay

It was decided that in the evening Claire will pick me up around 7 and we will head over to Aiden's together. I got ready in a black dress and some flats, I let my hair loose in natural waves with a little make up. When my phone pinged with a message from Claire saying that she is waiting outside, I went downstairs.

"Don't be late and don't be careless," Stephen said coming out of the kitchen along with Cole. "Stay away from boys or any shady person, you know what? Stay at a corner, be back by 11, call immediately if something's wrong-"

I silently thanked Cole when he stopped Stephen, "Come on, I think she got it." He came towards me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, leading me to the door. "Be safe and enjoy, bye."

I smiled and said 'bye' before he closed the door. I looked at the bright red sports car parked outside in awe. With the knowledge I have about cars, I knew that it was a Ford Mustang. I walked towards it to see the other girl from the school today, Crystal, sitting at the driver's seat. Claire was standing outside the car, waiting for me.

"Hey girl! You look awesome!" She said with a wink as I approached her.

"Right back at you," I chuckled

"Come let's go, Crystal's driving, well technically only she can drive among us as only she has a license."

 I was a bit uncomfortable by the extra presence as I sat beside Claire in the back. However, the awkwardness didn't last long as Crystal began to speak just moments after she started the car.

"Hi! My name's Crystal Hansen. Claire must've told you about me, we also met in school today. But I was not in a good mood then, it was my twin brother's fault. He's such such an idiot at times, I swear!"

I smiled a little. Judging by her rant if she wasn't Hansen she would've been a Wilson.

"Hi, I'm Sophia Wilson." I think I should learn the 'Wilson Rant' too. I'm Sophia Wilson after all. 

The rest of the drive, she kept engaging herself in different conversations proving Claire's words to be true. She was more... energetic than Claire, indeed. Around 15 minutes later she parked the car in front of a house.

I could see familiar faces of sophomores swarming the area. We entered the house, the living room was filled with teenagers laughing and dancing, forgetting all their worries for the night.

"Glad, you ladies graced me with your presence today," Aiden approached us and bowed in English manner.

"Oh, the pleasure is all ours," Crystal replied in similar way and bumped her shoulders with Claire, who blushed slightly. I also greeted Aiden and there was casual conversation going on between us.

"By the way, I don't see Max here. Where is he?" Aiden asked me.

In his room, sulking, was the answer. He was still upset that I was able to come to this party and he wasn't. And to make sure everyone, especially Stephen, knew his feelings, he hadn't came out of his room since evening and played depressing songs in full volume, which echoed throughout the house.

"Oh, he had some pending work so he didn't come," I answered instead.

"Okay..." Aiden drawled out as if he didn't believe me. To be honest, considering Max's 'not a care in the world' nature, it was a stupid answer. 

"What about Chris? I haven't seen him either," he turned towards Crystal this time. While coming here, in the car, I learned Chris is Crystal's twin brother and also the reason of her bad mood in school today as they've had a fight over something he said to her. Also he is quite a close friend of Aiden.