Chapter 20 - A Reunion of Agents

"Jake, call Violet and ask for updates!" May ordered while rushing her car towards the hospital. It was a rather wild ride and which was only halfway done yet. Still, sitting on the backseat Damon and Jake knew they were safe despite the reckless driving. Learned from experience, May Robbin was an excellent driver. Though, none of the three could bring themselves to care less about their safety at the moment. 

"On it!" Jake replied. Panic was not only evident in his voice but on his face too. Since, the call with Violet none of them have taken a free breath. Jake had put the call on loudspeaker. As the rings from the call resonated in the car, Violet's voice rang in his head from just minutes before.

'Jake, come fast! Sophia's missing!'

That was one of the most gut wrenching sentence he had ever had to hear. He has always been successful keeping all seven of his sons safe and sound, no matter what danger. And within days of finally having a daughter, he failed her.

May couldn't believe the situation or rather, she didn't want to. She was supposed to be Sophia's shield. She had to protect Sophia from any harm, for, she is a precious piece of her heart. She refused to believe that she could lose yet another person she loved.

Damon was close to biting his nails to extinction from the frustration he was feeling. He was in charge of Sophia's safety last night. He had taken all the necessary measures. He himself supervised the security at the hospital. He had to do an accident and intentionally hurt Sophia, for what? Her to get taken away by Oscuro anyway?

Apart from their personal feelings, there was a bigger picture too, which they were subconsciously ignoring for the time being. Although, in the back of their minds they knew that consequence of losing Sophia again will be hefty, heftier than the one almost eleven years ago. 

"Hello?" Violet's voice replaced the constant ring of the phone.

"Violet? Did you get any leads on where Sophia might be? Or when exactly did she go missing?"

"What are you talking about? Sophia's not missing!" Violet was confused, she just checked on Sophia an hour ago, she was lying on her bed still passed out. However, doubt and fear was easily detectable in her speech.Still holding her phone to her ear, she exited the cafeteria where she was having breakfast and quickly jogged towards Sophia's room on the first floor. "Who gave you the info Jake?"

"What? Violet what's happening? You just called me and said that you can't find Sophia..."

By the time Jake completed his statement his wife had reached her destination. She opened door and it was like an ultimate cure to her mini heart attack to see Sophia in the same place and state as an hour ago. Paige was there near Sophia, with a nurse, doing some check ups.

Seeing Violet's frantic state, Paige ordered the nurse to leave. The nurse complied passing Violet on the way, who was still standing at the doorway. A soft sigh of relief left Violet's lips. She wouldn't have been able to forgive herself, had she not seen her daughter there, peacefully lying on the bed. "Sophia is here, Jake." 

Violet now fully entered the room, closing the door behind her. She too, put the the call on speaker on her side, so Paige could listen. Paige eyed Violet and the phone in curiosity but patiently waited for them to explain instead of jumping on them with questions.

The three agents in the car relaxed a bit, too. However, confusion was flying in the air around them. "Violet you just called me-"

"I never called you Jake," Violet interjected.

"But how? I talked to you, you said..." Jake trailed off, not understanding the situation.

"Okay people, wait. What's happening?" Paige asked calmly.