Chapter 23 - Game Night

"I just said it ends in a mess. We're not having a game night!" Tyler opposed again.

"Come on, it'll be fun. Besides, it will be Sophia's first game night with us." Violet eventually convinced everyone that it was a good idea.

It was not.

The first game we played was dumb charades. Jake tried to cheat by mouthing the movie to his team and Max caught him and whined ending in a big argument and Violet scolding us all. Even me and I hadn't even said anything.

Then we tried playing some card games which ended in a fight.

Then Monopoly which ended in a... fight.

However, between all these small fights, the tension between Cole and Stephen evaporated. Perhaps, this is why Violet insisted on a game night instead of watching a movie where no one has to talk to anyone. Mothers.

"Okay Sophia, truth or dare?"

"Um, truth? No, wait... dare. No, truth...yeah truth."

"Do you currently have a crush on anyone?" Max asked the question.

"Get a little original dude," Parker rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. Sophia?" 

A smile, which I don't know where it came from, pulled on my lips. "No?" 

Even as I said that an unexpected face flashed in my mind. "Maybe, yes."

"Okay, whose bones am I breaking?" Ryan got up cracking his knuckles.

"Who is it Soph?" Violet asked, seeming a little excited.

Max wiggled his eyebrows at me.

Jake started, "I told you to stay away from-" 

"Guys! Stop. It's just a crush. I have only met this person two times." I said loudly to stop even Stephen who had already opened his mouth to speak.

"Cole, truth of dare?" I continued the game, quickly.

He smirked with a smug look. "Dare."

"I dare you to...hug Stephen and end whatever fight you guys are in," I said.

" I am not doing that," Cole glared at me. "Anyway who said that we are fighting huh?"

"Oh come on"

"It's obvious bro"

"We're not blind"

"Just complete the dare"

Cole begrudgingly got up and walked towards Stephen. His face looked disgusted.

Stephen covered the distance while trying his best not to laugh.

The hug was very awkward and barely lasted four seconds. But during that time Stephen whispered something to Cole to which he nodded.

Jake and Violet were smiling at the scene. However, the boys were busy teasing them.

"Okay everyone, let's wrap it up for tonight" Jake said. "Also, I wanted to tell you all that your mom and I have invited some of our friends over for lunch tomorrow." 

"You mean May?" Parker asked.

"Yeah and three other."

"You have other friends?"

All seven of the boys laughed and I suppressed a smile.

"Yes actually, we had great social life before having eight kids. Isn't that right Jake?" Violet said.

"Uh-huh"

They both looked at us with raised eyebrows, almost challenging one of us to say anything.

"Erm.. goodnight everyone," Parker awkwardly said and ran off.

The rest of us also went upstairs sheepishly. I was on Stephen's back this time.

Eight kids.

I smiled. I could get used to it.

"Is everything alright between you and Cole now?" I asked as we reached my room.

Stephen put me down on my bed and bent a little to look at me.

"Yes," he said with a soft smile. "Thank you"

Then in a moment of pure bliss he lightly kissed my forehead and walked out of my room.

After some time my door opened and Max, Parker and the twins walked in.

"Um, guys?"

They all sat down in a circle on the floor.

"What's happening here?" I asked again confusedly.

"That downstairs was just an innocent act for our parents, Sophia."

"Now we play the real game."

"The Wilson children special..."

"Let the 'Night of Dares' begin."

-STRENGTH-

Hey Guys,

A very short chapter after a very long time...I know.

But this is to let you know that I am still alive... I planned this chapter to be longer but I thought a short update would be better than no updates.

The big exam for which I was busy all year is over now. Phew. (god knows what will be the result)

So, how was the chap?

Also, if it's still not clear by now, then I am just gonna say it... THIS IS NOT A MAFIA STORY.

Sophia is not a mafia princess, the brothers are not some powerful, scary and intimidating people and Stephen is definitely not a god-level human. (the parents are also alive so....)

I just wanted to clear this since people are still adding this book to their mafia sister reading lists.

The next chapter will definitely be longer with 'The Night of Dares'.

*whisper* Who do you think is Sophia's crush?

Love,

Eternal_18