Chapter 1 - A New Start

"Sophia, have you packed everything ? Mr. and Mrs. Wilson will be here shortly." Ms. Adam informed me as I came downstairs. She is a social service worker. They had taken me last week since my foster parents- Daniel and Lilian- were arrested. A few days ago, I met the Wilson's who wished for a daughter, and wanted to adopt me.

My actual parents died because of a plane crash when I was only five- as I had been told. I was sent to foster care system, since then I lived with my foster parents. Well, it was not a good experience.

When Ms. Adam saw me she gave me a warm smile and motioned me to come to her. I went to her and we got seated waiting for my soon-to-be guardians. After anxiously waiting for about ten minutes, I saw the Wilson's entering through the door. Ms. Adam stood up and welcomed them with handshakes.

"Come here, Sophia," Ms. Adam called.

I didn't want to go. What if they don't love me? What if they're like my foster parents? What if -
"Sophia, come dear," Ms. Adam called again. I muttered a quick apology and walked to them. When I reached them Mrs. Wilson embraced me in a hug, she looked down at me with her hazel eyes and greeted me with a hello.

My heart fluttered at the kind gesture but also filled with insecurities. I don't want to be a burden on them. After Mrs. Wilson pulled away from the hug Mr. Wilson gave me a smile and wave. I waved back to him.

"Violet, take Sophia and wait in the car. I will come in a few minutes, there's some paperwork left," Mr. Wilson said to Mrs. Wilson. She and I walked out to a blue car, after Ms. Adam gave me a last hug. While waiting, Violet tried to converse with me and kept asking questions to which I just nodded or shook my head.

After a while Mr. Wilson came and got in the driver's seat. "Welcome to our family Sophia Robbin Wilson." He exclaimed looking back at me. I felt a smile tug on my lips at the new name. It felt like a new start, a new page of my life.

Mr. Wilson started the car. I looked out the window for most of the ride. "Jake, stop the car! Stop the car!" Violet shrieked. I looked at her, alarmed. Mr. Wilson also stopped the car abruptly at one side of road. "What? What happened? Are you okay?" Jake asked her frantically.

Violet pointed outside the car to an Ice-cream shop. "Let's have Ice-cream!" She squealed.

Jake looked at her exasperatedly, "Seriously Violet?"

Violet fake pouted and batted her eyelashes at Jake. He raised a brow at her. "It's Ice-cream!" She exclaimed. Jake rolled his eyes but the corners of his lips lifted up into a smile making Violet cheer. 

"C'mon Sophia," Jake said. We all made our way inside the store. "Which flavor do you want?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Okay, I'll pick one for you. Can you find a seat while we order?" Violet asked me. I nodded and looked for a seat. I sat on a seat by the window and looked at Violet and Jake in the line waiting to order.

I heard a wolf whistle from behind me, I turned around and saw a few guys maybe a little older than me sitting in the next booth. My eyes widened and I turned away from them trying to ignore them. But they kept saying creepy stuff.

"Hey come on, show your pretty face." One of the boy said.

"How about I mess up your ugly face!" A voice growled. I looked up to see Jake standing there with Violet behind her, holding the ice-creams. There was pure anger on Jake's face. The boys looked scared and scrammed out of the store quickly. I sighed in relief as Jake and Violet sat down. "Freaking bastards" Jake muttered.

"Thank you" I mumbled.

"You don't need to thank me. It's my job now to protect you." Jake said. It warmed my heart. I nodded and gave him a small smile.

"Overprotective Alert!" Violet announced and I giggled with her. "Are you okay, though?" she asked me with concern. I gave her a nod and she smiled at me. We ate our ice-cream and went out to car and resumed our drive.

- STRENGTH -

You are worthless
You should die
Nobody loves you

"Wake up hon." I opened my eyes and notice that the car has stopped. I looked at Violet who stood in front of me through my teary eyes, Jake was standing behind her. She just hugged me gently.

"Ms. Adam told you, didn't she?" I asked her, wiping my tears. She nodded, "But don't worry the boys don't know." She said.

Boys? I looked at her questioningly. "Sorry, I forgot to tell you,I have a few sons." She informed me sheepishly. I just nodded not knowing what else to do. I'll have foster-brothers.

I've never had siblings so I suddenly became very nervous. I got out of the car and we started walking towards the house. It was a fairly big house. We got to the front door and Jake opened it with key.

I almost flinched at the sight when door opened, some huge guys standing in a line glaring daggers at me.

"Meet your sister, boys"

I have SEVEN brothers?!

- STRENGTH -

Hey guys, this is the first chapter of this story finally out. It may not be that good but I tried my best. Feel free to point out mistakes.

How do you think the Wilson brothers will react?

How do you like Jake and his protective nature?

What about Violet?

Love, Eternal_18