Chapter 19 - Damon's Deed

Cole and Ryan hadn't come out of the room for the rest of the night. Stephen too, after some time went to his room for some rest. This left out, only the old pair of pals sitting together on the living room couch, occasionally sipping and enjoying the beer in their mug. They were chatting endlessly in their tipsy state about anything and everything.

"Your kids have grown up..." Damon said.

"Yeah..."

"We were about Sophia and Max's age when us three -you, me and Violet became a team, huh?"

"Yeah... actually slightly younger than them..." Jake reminisced with his friend. They remembered one time when both of them had poured ice water on Violet to wake her and she was furious. Another time, when all three of them sat together thinking for a special knock for their team for hours and then finally came up with a plain one that Damon had used even earlier tonight. In midst this trip down the memory lane Jake suddenly started laughing, his already tipsy pink cheeks turned red. Damon followed the lead soon.

"Wait!" Damon stopped a moment later, "Why are we laughin', again?"

"May!" Jake replied, doubling over with laughter. "She's gonna kick your butt!"

"Oh my!" Damon's eyes widened, "I can bet May and your wife are gonna team up against me."

A familiar 3-2-1 patterned knock sounded on the front door. "Speak of the devil," Damon cursed as Jake went to answer the door. 

"Hey Jake!" There stood in all her glory, hugging Jake, May Robbin. She came inside, followed by Jake. "Damon," she gave a nod of acknowledgement.

"May, I know you must be angry but-"

May dismissed Damon before he could speak any further. "Jake how are the kids? You told Cole and Ryan about the whole thing?"

Jake's eyes' danced between the two other people in the room, wondering if he should interfere to release the tension between them, before he decided to just answer the question. He knew that the both of them share a strong bond. He also knew that maybe it would take some time but they will make it up.

"Not the whole but yeah... somethings. Right now, they're both in their room. My, my! You should have seen Steph's face when he got to know that you were an agent and a part of our group too!" 

May chuckled in response, "Well, of course! He has known me for so many years and he even knew about Prism since quite a time. Still, he was just now informed that I am in Prism too."

"True," Jake agreed with a laugh of his own.

Last night, after both of the younger boys had disappeared upstairs Jake and Damon started talking about the whereabouts of other people in their group which had sparked the oldest Wilson boy's interest. When he heard May's name in the 'others' list, he was thoroughly confused. He had confirmed thrice to make sure that he was thinking about the correct person-

''Wait! Are you talking about May 'Robbin'?''

''May 'the owner of Robbin Hood restraunt' Robbin?''

''May 'the owner of Robbin Hood restraunt who never lets me pay' Robbin?''

"Anyways, I'll make breakfast for you all today. Wake the boys up in half an hour, we have to go to the hospital too." May announced and started making her way towards the kitchen. She had taken just two steps when Damon grabbed her arm and stopped her.

"Come on May, at least don't ignore me like that," Damon pleaded trying to make eye contact with her to let her know that he was sincere while she kept looking at the floor when she didn't say anything for a while he continued, "Please May, say something."  

"What!?" May suddenly jerked her head up and fixed him with a teary but fierce glare. "What do you want me to say? I know you were protecting Sophia! And I know that I have no right to be angry at you! But I am. Now what?"

"No, it's alright. I do deserve your anger. But don't bottle it up, let it out, please."

"Dame," she called out quietly. A single tear escaped her eye and made its way down her cheek. "You know how important Sophia is to me. Was it really necessary to do the accident? For you to hit Sophia with a car?"

Damon left May's arm and took a hold of both of her shoulders. He leaned down a little to look her directly in the eyes, "Yes May, I'm sorry, but it was necessary."

May sighed deeply and nodded, "Okay." 

She had noticed the cut on Damon's lip and pitied him. She figured that it must be from Jake. Altough, she also considered Damon lucky to only have gotten a busted lip from him for hurting Sophia. If it was someone else who had purposefully hurt her he would've gone into full overprotective dad- destructive mode.

Jake was smiling lightly from the background looking at his two old buddies. Proud that his prediction about them solving the matter, came true.

"Still, if I were you, I would check for poison in my food," May joked with a wink.

"Oh, come on!  I've only crossed two hurdles yet, Violet must still be waiting for me at the hospital." If observed carefully one could see the puprle aura of depression around Damon.

"What!?" 

Both Damon and May turned towards Jake to see him holding his phone to his ear. His face was contorted with shock and distress. 

"We're coming right away." Jake said and ended the call. He looked at the other two who were giving him expectant looks. "It was Violet. Come on, we have to move fast!" 

-STRENGTH-

Hey Guys!!

Long time no see...

But seriously I had this big exam [BOARD exams] coming up in May for which I was preparing. But then it suddenly got cancelled on 14th April. So... I got time to write calmly...AND... here's your chap!

So, Damon was the one who actually caused the accident... so you guys like him or not?

And what about May? She's an agent too!

Finally... why did Violet call? What happened?

Sorry again, for the delay in uploading this chapter.

Love, Eternal_18