Breaking Clocks

- "I'm telling you, I don't know what to do. - He was standing in the middle of her living room with his hands in his pocket, with a red face. 

– "Maybe the right thing is to let her be, but I don't want that. Because it will leave me without her. And I just got used to her, waking up together almost every morning and that silence that we share when we understand each other. And, Donna, she had my back through all of this shit even though she knew all along. I think she wouldn't do it for just anyone." 

– "Are you saying what I think you're saying?" 

– "I'm saying that I think that she fell for me. Just like I did for her. And I know that we started just for fun and pleasure, but now... Now is just different." 

– "Then you need to tell her that, Harvey." 

– "I can't. She won't listen. In fact, I'm sure it'll make her run away." 

– "What exactly did she say?" 

– "That it's a bad time." 

– "Then you gotta make her realize that you don't care about the time, but for the way, she was on your side. Harvey, this is all done by leaving her with weight onto her shoulders to carry. And she wasn't even an employee when you hired Mike." 

– "You think I don't know that? I dragged her in. It's my fault." – Harvey's voice broke. 

– "Okay. You'll find a way. Maybe just letting it go for now and giving her some space is your first step." – He leaned onto the chair, clenching his jaw. 

– "Look, I'll help you. Just, for now, don't do or say anything. Let her be."

It was near to a month after when Jessica set named partners' meeting with Blake Harlow. 

Blake landed two more millionaire clients in that period and Jessica was ready to offer her a named partnership, after discussing it with Harvey and Louis and having them both on board. Blake was looking sharp and professional in a bright-colored suit, tieless, hair into a bun. 

Harvey was examining the way she moved her memo pad with a ball pen aside, trying not to look back at him. 

– "Thank you for your trust, I am flattered, but I'm fine where I am." – This wasn't the answer they expected. Harvey frowned, now looking at Jessica to see her reaction. Louis took a lead in the conversation, extending his arms on the table like he was reaching to touch Blake and make her notice him.

- "Blake, your work is impeccable" – Louis was smiling – "If Jessica wasn't to bring it up, I'd nominate you." – He was nodding, still smiling. 

- "I appreciate that." – Blake squinted looking at Louis directly. Then she looked back in Jessica's direction.

 – "Don't get me wrong. Thank you all, again. But I'll have to turn it down." 

– "Is there a reason?" – Jessica asked firmly. 

– "It's personal." – Blake answered silently, sighing. 

- "Well, I'm sorry you feel that way, but, all right, I'll accept your letter of rejection caused by a personal matter. Is there maybe another way to reward you?" – Jessica raised an eyebrow - "Salary increase would be just fine. Thank you." 

– "Twenty percent it is. Keep up with good work." – Blake nodded as she stood up and then left. Harvey was distant. Jessica commented – "Well, this is odd." 

– "It is beyond odd." – Louis said – "Harvey, is this about you? I know you two have..." 

– "I'm not seeing her anymore, Louis."