Going, Going, Gone

She had to speak to Harvey, but she didn't want to do it in his office, so she went to his apartment at the end of the day. He wasn't there and she decided to wait. She sat in the hallway across the doorkeeper's stand and waited for about an hour when Harvey entered the building.

 – "Mr. Specter, there is Ms. Harlow waiting for you" – clerk told him as he approached elevators. 

He nodded – "Thank you, Dave" – She saw him and stood up, approaching him. 

– "Hey, why didn't you call?" – Harvey looked confused. 

– "Mike and I went for a drink, but I would..." 

– "No, it's okay." – She looked moody. 

– "Something happened?" 

– "Yeah." 

– "Okay, let's go up." 

When they entered his apartment and Harvey poured them drinks, they sat on the couch. 

– "I have to go to Chicago." 

– "For how long?"

 – "I don't know." 

She decided not to tell him about the agreement with Jessica, or to mention big words such as breaking up and anything related to a relationship and jeopardize whatever she had with Harvey, leaving him confused or hopeful. She didn't want to impact his conclusions or to change the way he sees her. 

 – "My mom is dying."

Harvey was silent, but inside he felt like everything is burning up in a fire he knew he couldn't stop. He wanted to yell at her. To say that she has no right to leave him. But, how could he? 

He couldn't ask for anything, since she wasn't. It wouldn't be fair. He felt like his tongue was frozen. She leaned and he embraced her. At that moment she knew that it was unfair. To him. To her. And she led them into unfairness. 

But she couldn't make another move, she couldn't tell him the truth. She couldn't tell him to wait for her and promise him that she will come back right into his arms. She just remembered the kiss on her chest from the other night and shivered. Like hell, she won't miss him. She stayed with him every night for the rest of the week. 

On Monday she came to the office to collect her things. Harvey was in a bad mood and Mike waited for him in his office. After Mike saw him, he remembered that Harvey told him that he senses she will pull away, that night they went for drinks. Harvey opened up and Mike saw the side he always hoped Harvey had. Mike learned that Blake's resigning two days ago when he saw Jessica taking a meeting with some bald guy and told him about Blake's replacement. 

The two of them exchanged few words about the case and then Harvey asked him to proceed with Rachel and come back with a solution.

-"Blake?" 

Mike was at the door of her office, finding her packing up books from her desk. She turned around and gave him a slight smile.

 – "Hi" – she said silently, but Mike's facial expression hasn't changed. He was hardly serious. 

– "I saw Jessica on Friday and she told me that she's having a job interview for your replacement." 

– "I'm not resigning, just taking some time..." 

– "Which is the same as leaving or what I prefer to label as running away." 

– "What did you just say to me?"