𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘣 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪 )

When Lorelai found out the good news, she had been overjoyed. 

She had been in the park when she was told. Skating as to distract her mind for the sadness of the fact that the boys had crossed over. The night's cold breeze seemed to take away her stoic manour and replace it with vulnerability. The redhead ghost didn't open up to many ghosts, but the one time she did, turns out they had to cross over.

Because of Caleb Convington.

Lorelai swore if she ever knew him, she'd kill him. Even if he was already dead. Lorelai would find a way.

She heard the church ring the bells for one am in the distance. The start of another day. A day in which Reggie no longer existed. She wondered how Faith was coping.

Little did the redhead know that Faith was celebrating.

It didn't take long before Lorelai noticed an intense stare. In the dark she couldn't she much, despite her ghost abilities, and was starting to feel very creeped out. Clenching her fists, Lorelai tried to sound threatening. "Who's there?"

A familiar chuckle erupted through the darkness, making Lorelai's frown soften before dropping her defensive stance. "Lor-"

Before Reggie could add anything else, Lorelai ran towards him, throwing her arms around his neck before hugging him tightly. Reggie slightly stumbling, his chest rumbling as his deep laughter filled her with joy, before the two pressed their lips together. "Reggie? How . . ."

"I'm not sure how to explain it, but somehow we didn't cross over, and our stamps from Caleb also disappeared. And we're also able to touch Faith and Julie too! It's been a crazy night, but I'm just glad to be back with you."

The memory stained Lorelai's lips in a soft smile as she pushed her skateboard forward, the sun shining brightly as it made her hair appear even a lighter shade of orange. She was skating towards Faith's house to catch up with the brunette before heading towards the cinema with Reggie for a date. The good thing about being ghosts is not having to pay for anything.

But half way through the street, Lorelai begun to frown, skating faster down the streets as she avoided passing through any bodies. It still made her uncomfortable. But the redheaded ghost had realised that someone had been following her. They took the same turns she did, and kept a close yet not too close lead behind her. But the redhead wasn't stupid. After living ( sort of ) many tears going unnoticed by lifers, it was easy to spot when someone could actually see her.

So in the next turn, Lorelai stopped and picked up her skateboard before leaning against the wall, awaiting her persecutor. A man turned, slightly startled at the sight of Lorelai staring at him with a frown. "Who are you? And why are you following me?"

The man chuckled, a smirk sitting on his lips as he took his hat off. "You're smarter than you look, Lorelai." 

"And you're creepier than you loo- no, wait. You do look pretty creepy." Lorelai snapped, crossing her arms over her chest. She frowned when the man chuckled. "What do you want?"

"You're dear friends with Faith, am I right?"

Lorelai narrowed her eyes suspiciously. "Why do you-" she stopped, eyes widening in realisation. "You're her father."

"Perhaps-"

"You piece of shit!" Lorelai yelled, pointing her finger in accusation. "Haven't you caused enough trouble as it is? I mean she's your daughter! Consider that. Consider all the pain you have put her through already without you actually taking away her friends-"

Caleb grabbed Lorelai's wrist, pressing his finger against her skin as the ghost winced at the burning pain he caused her with his fingertip before letting go. Lorelai yanked her hand from his grasp, glaring at the older ghost before staring at her wrist. A purple stamp now stained her pale freckled skin as she rubbed it with her index finger.

"What the hell have you done to me-" 

A purple bolt suddenly caused Lorelai to groan, stumbling backwards as her back hit the bricked wall. Caleb watched her with a careful stare, taking a few steps closer as the ghost rubbed her ribs in pain.

"Now listen carefully. If you don't do what I say, I can make you cease from existence. Do you understand?"

Lorelai opened her mouth to retort before giving it a second thought and closing it.

"For now, I just want you to keep a close eye on Faith and the boys, and report their actions to me. Understood?"

so that's the end! plottwist loool

when season 2 comes out, i will continue writing this!

i wanna thank you all for the i think are nearly 70k reads, like i'm mindblown. your comments make me smile so much and thank you for all the support. until next time!