𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘶𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴 )

𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐏

𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒂𝒔 : 𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒅𝒆 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 - 𝒖𝒏𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚 

𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐

Faith didn't see Luke again until she returned home. She jumped startled when she saw him standing on her porch. He was leaning on the staircase barrier, playing with the sleeves of his jacket as he glanced up, straightnening his posture once he saw Faith. She smiled softly, digging her hands in the pockets of her jeans as she walked up and stood in front of him. "I'm sorry for overstepping with your parents. It was none of my business and wrong of me-"

"Hey, it's fine. I just had to leave." Luke interrupted, taking a few steps closer to Faith. "Look, I didn't have many regrets in my life except for running on my parents. Especially my mom, so..." Luke looked up, glancing at Faith's lips rapidly before looking away. "Thank you." 

Faith smiled softly at him. "I'd do anything for you, Luke." He reached out his hand as Faith looked down at his hands. Hesitantly, Faith reached out to hold his hand. But her hand went right through. Blushing, Faith's hand dropped to a side as she looked away. Luke smirked sideways.

"We have to talk about this interesting little relationship you and I have." Faith raised her eyebrow at him, nodding her head at Luke for him to continue his thought. "I'm sorry for singing that song and putting you and Jessie on the spot."

"It's fine." Faith shook her head. "At least we found out who Jessie really is. Besides, it was a nice song." 

Luke chuckled, tilting her head. "It was. But maybe not the right song to...declare my feelings." when he saw Faith hesitating, Luke looked down. "You don't have to reciprocate those feelings, Fay. I just had to get them off my chest, in case...in case we don't make it."

"Luke, I..." Faith reached out to him.

"Hey guys!" Julie approached the house, raising her eyebrows when Faith and Luke jumped apart, blushing brightly. "Am I interrupting something?"

"No!" the two teenagers replied loudly, but before anyone could add anything else, a bright, purple jolt hit Luke, making him wince in pain as he stumbled backwards. Both Faith and Julie rushed towards him in alarm.

"What was that? Are you okay?" Julie asked worriedly.

Faith and Luke shared a glance. "You have to tell her, Luke."

Julie crossed her arms over her chest, frowning. "Tell me what."

"We did something that we shouldn't have. The night we missed the dance, we met this ghost, Faith's dad, and he put this curse on us. And if we don't do what he says, then those jolts will destroy us." 

Julie gaped at him, glancing at Faith to make sure he was telling the truth. When she saw Faith's sad look, Julie licked her lips. "Then you've got to do what he says. What does he want?"

"He wants us to be in his houseband for eternity. But if we do our unfinished business and play the Orpheum soon, we can avoid all that and cross over."

Julie frowned, hesitating. "Cross over? Like, in what, go to heaven?" when Luke nodded, Julie turned to Faith. "Can't you convince your father to let them be?"

Faith bit on her bottom lip. "I tried-"

"So it's either you cross over, be in his band for eternity or be destroyed by those jolts?" at Luke's hesitance, Julie scoffed, adding sarcastically "That's just great." storming off, Faith frowned as she reached out to Julie.

"Julie, wait!" but the curly haired girl ran off without another word. Faith and Luke glanced at each other, falling into a sad silence. Returning to Julie's garage studio, Reggie was slowly plucking guitar strings as Alex lay on the couch, playing with one of his drum sticks. Upon seeing Faith and Luke's dejected, crestfallen faces, the four proceeded to lay around in each other's company. 

It seemed like forever when Julie finally came back, she scared Alex into falling off the couch, making Reggie raise an eyebrow. "Jeez, I think you broke Alex."

"Do you guys want to cross over or what?" Faith was the only to move, straightening her posture from the floor. When Julie saw that none of the ghosts reacted, she clapped loudly to gather their attention. "Get it together!"

Luke sighed, stretching. "They're never going to let us play at the Orpheum."

"We're nobodies."

"We're less that nobodies, we have no bodies!" Faith had to choke down laughter at Reggie's comment. 

Julie rolled her eyes. "Someone once told me you don't ask for permission, you book gigs by doing."

Reggie smirked. "That was me."

Julie, Luke and Faith frowned before saying at the same time "No it wasn't." 

"This isn't over. We were brought together for a reason; to help each other." Julie tried to motivate the boys, who just stared at her hopeless. Faith pushed herself to stand up, placing herself next to Julie as she clapped.

"Jules is right, guys. Besides, surely you would grant me one last wish and avenge my father before you guys leave?" at the mention of revenge, the three ghosts looked up, their attention grabbed. "Let's show everyone that no one messes with Julie and the Phantoms."

"But not anyone can book a gig."

"People don't. But ghosts can."

i wrote this chapter in a hurry so sorry for the mess. i've been stressed with exams but finally on my christmas break so plenty of updates

ALSO not that many chapters left guys, imma cry