𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟽

The following day, Dream roughly pulled you out of your holding room and nearly dragged you down the corridor outside. His face - or what you could see of it - was devoid of emotion.

The two of you, after climbing several flights of stairs, met up with George, Sapnap, Punz, and Eret. They were waiting outside the latter's castle, a majestic thing even when not complete. Apparently that was where you were staying.

With a tight grip on your arm, Dream led the small party northbound towards L'manberg. You fiddled with the hem of the dark gray shirt you had been given, along with a pair of black leggings and black trainers.

The walk was silent aside from the rhythmic footfalls on the wooden planks of the Prime Path.

It was a bright July morning, you gathered with a quick glance at the sun above you. Your e/c eyes had visible bags under them, along with what you presumed to be numerous scars and bruises.

You made a sharp right, stumbling slightly as you passed the Embassy. You saw the faint outline of L'manberg's walls - or, at least what remained of them.

Then, four figures emerged from inside the walls. Your eyes lit up.

"Y/n!" Tubbo and Tommy yelled, almost in sync. You turned to Dream, asking a silent question. He gave an ever so subtle nod, and you ran towards them.

The two boys crashed into you, the two older L'manbergians still making their way towards you.

"Y/n! Where have you been? Did the Dream Team do anything to you? Are you hurt? Are those scars? Wait, am I hurting you? Shoot, sorry-"

"Tubbo, it's ok," you reassured him, a grin crossing your lips. "I'm ok. I missed you. I missed you all."

"I missed you too," Tommy muttered, holding onto your shirt tightly.

You hugged them a few moments longer, before looking up to the fox-eared man that stood behind Tommy and Tubbo.

"Hey, Fundy," you smiled.

"Hey, Y/n," he responded, matching your expression and pulling you into a firm embrace.

You closed your eyes, sinking into his grip. "You've been holding up ok?"

"More so now you're here," he said. You chuckled lightly.

"N/n." You turned to see Wilbur, beaming. You returned the greeting and ran up to him.

He took you by the waist and spun you around, laughing at your small shriek. As he put you back onto the ground, You buried your head into his chest. He rested his own on top of yours. You wanted to stay like that forever.

"What have they done to you?" Wilbur mumbled softly, and you could tell he was looking at your battered figure.

"Nothing that wasn't caused by the explosion," you said, comforting the brunette. "But are you ok? You look like you haven't slept in days."

"Could say the same for you," he scoffed playfully, making you giggle.

A light cough made its way to your ears. You turned to face the Dream Team again, Wilbur still protectively holding you in his arms.

"So, Wilbur," the masked man said. "What are we here for?"

Wilbur's gaze darted down at you, and then back up to Dream. "My men - and Y/n - will stay quiet, other than me and Tommy," he stated. "Look, Dream, I'm here to negotiate surrender."

You let out a small gasp. "Wilbur, what are you-"

"Y/n, quiet." You flinched slightly at Wilbur's tone.

"Okay," Dream replied.

"I- I'd- I'd say we fought well, yes?"

"Uhm, you could say that." You could hear the smirk in Dream's voice and rolled your eyes.

"What do you mean, you could say that?"

The Dream Team began to laugh amidst Tommy and Wilbur's offended exclamations. "Well, with how much you were against, you fought well. You had such a big disadvantage, that-"

"Dream, don't say that. We fought incredibly." Tommy's voice rang out clear with anger. "You egotistical, green-"

"You fought incredibly well, we just fought a little bit better," Dream quipped, before joining the laughter with a smug smirk.

"DREAM, YOU KNOW WHAT, OH YEAH YOU KNOW WHAT, WHY DON'T WE FIGHT RIGHT NOW DREAM?" Tommy screamed, and you broke from Wilbur's grasp to hold the blonde back.

"Tommy," you whispered, grabbing him around his waist and holding him tightly.

"WHY DON'T WE HAVE A ONE VERSUS ONE, A LITTLE BOW DUEL?" the teen continued, pulling against you with all his strength. "I'M ALREADY HALF DEAD, WHY DON'T WE JUST HAVE A ONE V ONE. A ONE MAN SHOWDOWN, YOU SON OF A BITCH. EGOTISTICAL SON OF A BITCH, SELF-OBSESSED GREEN BASTARD-"

"Tommy, your passion will get you nowhere," Wilbur interrupted.

The brunette breathed in and out slowly before he spoke again. "We may have had our agreements, Dream, but I promise you this man does not speak for me, alright?"

Tommy glanced up at you, and then back at Dream. "Look, you've blown up all of our shit Dream, so what do you have to lose? Let's do it. Let's one versus one, in front of everyone. I don't care, alright?"

"What was the one thing I asked, Tommy," Wilbur said, low.

"Well, you know I've got to do this. I- I know I do," Tommy responded, voice strained.

Dream was silent for a few moments, choosing his words with care. "What are the details of this... one v one?"

You froze. "Tommy, you can't."

Tommy closed his eyes tightly before opening them. "Bow duel. Poison potion. Ten paces. Just a simple one versus one for L'manberg." He paused. "And for Y/n."

"Tommy, this isn't worth it," you pleaded, trying to convince him.

"Look, this man doesn't speak for me, Dream, but if this is something you're willing to do and something Tommy's willing to do, then I will let it happen." Wilbur's voice was worn.

"Wilbur, you're not letting him-"

"I can't convince him otherwise. You know him, Y/n." Wilbur said softly.

"Fine. I'll do it."

Everyone's heads snap to face you.

"What?"

You looked at Tommy. "Tommy- Tommy, I couldn't go on without you knowing I could have done something to stop it. I wouldn't be able to live with myself. You've got your whole life ahead of you. It's like Wilbur said, your life is worth too much."

Your tone was gentle but firm as you spoke to the teen. Tommy swallowed, expression conflicted.

"Okay," he finally said, resigned. You looked up to Dream.

"So, if I win, L'manberg gets its independence and I walk free. If you win, L'manberg joins back with the Dream SMP and," you paused briefly, "I come with you willingly."

Dream cocked his head slightly.

"Deal."

-----

1107 words (not including a/n)

Header by @/Late-August on YouTube

HOLY HECC YESTERDAY'S STREAM (spoilers for jan. 20, 2021 below)

BRO DREAM'S VILLAIN MONOLOGUE???? PUNZ'S ENTRANCE???? AND THEN EVERYONE COMING IN LIKE AVENGERS ENDGAME OR SUM???? I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR THIS.

n e ways - Thank you guys so much for all the reads, votes, and comments! I appreciate all of them so much, and I hope to see you in the next chapter!

-Partially Human