𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟼

You let out an annoyed huff as your pickaxe slipped out of your hands yet again. You glanced inside your bag, looking at the materials you had collected already, and decided to stop mining.

You dragged your hand across your forehead, trying to get rid of the layer of sweat that had begun forming, and began the trek to the surface.

Within your bag were various ores, a small amount of gunpowder, and various other mob drops you'd amassed. You planned to give the bones to Niki so she could craft bonemeal, allocating the rest of the drops to upgrading your house and gear.

A beep from your communicator came, and you answered the call with a quick greeting.

"Are you coming to the flag ceremony later today?" Niki's voice echoed. You furrowed your eyebrows.

"What ceremony?"

"We're raising the L'manberg flag for the first time, at sundown."

"I didn't realize there was a flag, huh."

"Oh, yeah, I've been designing it over the past few weeks. I'm really proud of it!"

"I'm sure that it'll look great if you've made it. Where's the ceremony happening?"

"The central plaza, you've seen it, right?"

"Yeah. Well, thanks for telling me. I've got to go put some stuff away, so I'll see you later?"

"Yup!"

"Bye," you ended off, pushing the button to disconnect. At that moment, you came to the entrance of the cave, the blazing sun signifying it was about noon.

"Oh- Mist, stop that," you chuckled, gently pushing the horse away from your bag.

You trudged inside of your house, tugging at the laces of your boots to untie them and throwing them to the side. You shrugged off your blue jacket and moved to make yourself lunch.

Before you knew it, time had flown by and it was already sundown. You quickly changed into your official L'manberg uniform and headed to the plaza.

The sky was a picturesque blend of oranges, reds, and pinks against the lowering sun. Your gaze was casted up as the citizens of L'manberg slowly started trickling in.

Most L'manbergians were still settling into their homes, so the group wasn't too big. The government officials - Wilbur, Tommy, Tubbo, Fundy, Jack, Niki, and yourself - were all there, obviously.

Wilbur rang the bell in the middle of the plaza, gaining everyone's attention. "Hello, my fellow citizens of L'manberg!" he announced, posture regal and expression joyous but still professional. "We are gathered here today to celebrate a historic event. The first raising of the L'manberg flag!"

He garnered applause from all corners of the plaza, and gestured you and the other members of the government over.

You looked at the flag, currently laying on the ground, and could pick out shades of black, yellow, and red in the heap of fabric.

Smiles and small glances were exchanged with the others. Together, you grabbed onto the string and pulled, raising the flag into the air and letting it unfurl.

Cheers and whoops echoed throughout the crowd. You stepped back, wanting to appreciate the flag in all its glory.

You were right, Niki had done a wonderful job. The flag had three stripes; blue on the top, white in the middle, and red on the bottom. Two red crosses were on the white stripe. A black semicircle was stitched onto the left, with a yellow cross inside it and a yellow stripe outlining it.