𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟻

Working, eating, sleeping, minor crime. Thus went the days leading up to the fated date of November sixteenth. Wilbur and Fundy trained up their strength, competing with Techno to try and lift more and more.

You continued to help the younger ones with their precision, making them practice until they could hit a squirrel dashing across the forest floor. Each day was carefully scheduled, giving you no time to waste and no space to stop.

Even when you were supposed to sleep, you usually paced around the base of the ravine or guided the new arrivals around Pogtopia.

Right - newbies. Every so often, a new person would defect from Manberg and join Pogtopia. You took the time to greet each of them, a few notable ones sticking out.

A single mother with two children clinging onto her legs. The lone survivor of a family, all the rest having starved. A couple - both women - ostracized among their town. Of course, Finch from a few days prior.

It seemed that none of them would compare to today's arrival though.

"Karl?"

He sheepishly grinned. "Long time no see."

You wasted no time in throwing your arms around him and probably suffocating him, judging by the light tap he gave to your shoulder.

"Prime, I thought you were with Manberg, what with Sapnap and the others of the Dream Team, I didn't think you would, you know," you rambled, grabbing onto him like a lifeline.

Karl let out a soft giggle as he returned the hug. "Well, uh, it's complicated."

"We've got all day to talk," you replied.

"That's true."

"It is." A short pause, and then laughter.

"It is-" Karl snorted- "why-"

You shook your head playfully, receding from his chest to elbow him slightly.

"Oh, shoot, sorry," you realized, "I tracked some stuff on you. Hold on-"

Carefully, you leaned down brushed off the little pebbles that had gotten onto Karl's shirt before straightening back up. "Okay, all good!"

Karl flushed bright red, brain going haywire as you stood there obliviously. Did she just- what did she- oh my-

"Get a room, nerds," a voice shouted from out of your sight.

You laughed. "Hush hush, Techno."

"I mean, the way you took it works, but this guy literally needs a room. I think we have a few extra."

"Oh! Yeah!" You bristled, holding a hand out for Karl to take. "You can grab one of the empty rooms. You might be sharing, just so you know."

He took your hand awkwardly, letting you bring him to a new room. It was small, maybe seven meters all around, with a handful of bunk beds and personal storage chests stacked inside.

"Okay, uh, since nobody's bunked in here yet, you can take whichever bed you want. And then you've got to tell me about what's happening with you."

Karl agreed with a smile, digging through his bag to grab a spare sweater before putting it on. "So, uh, I've been pretty good, how about you?" he asked politely.

"Oh, alright I guess. I mean, nothing much interesting happens here..."

The ash blonde nodded and occasionally interjected while you told him about things he missed. Tales of Tommy being dumb. Of Tubbo being his accomplice. Anything that you could think of to keep talking.