𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟶

The battle ceased in almost an instant, swords and axes no longer clashing. You paused after a few seconds of the fact, gasping for air.

Wilbur's breaths were similar, him also staring at the masked man with a startled expression. "What?"

Dream's lips were parted into a slight frown, his shield held up protectively as he shouted the words out to Wilbur once again.

"I surrender. Wilbur. We need to talk- and- and anyone who'd like to join."

You could see the Pogtopian generals pushing into the conversation, the other citizens just staring on.

"I don't trust this," Tommy grumbled, crossing his arms and glaring at the masked male. "Not at all."

Wilbur let out a long sigh, turning to the Pogtopians. "Weapons down," he ordered.

Dream nodded at him. "Anyone else?"

The brunette's eyes darted around.

"Could any of you- erm- join me?" he requested, tone a muttered whisper. "I don't trust this either."

"I'll go," you responded, volunteering yourself after a few beats of silence.

Wilbur shot you a grateful glance before turning back to Dream and nodding. The latter proceeded to jerk his head up to one of the buildings of Manberg. You got the memo, taking out an ender pearl and aiming for the area. You landed on a stone brick roof, taking a few steps to the side to make room for the other two's arrival.

"Hello," Wilbur offered awkwardly, both him and Dream now with you.

"Hello," you affirmed.

"Hello," Dream said, completing the greetings. "So, let's get down to business. Schlatt's an idiot."

"Wh- what-" Wilbur replied, before laughing slightly. "-how long did it take you to figure that out?"

Dream's composure broke slightly as he stuttered. "Well- I mean- uh, first tell your guys to stop pointing their weapons at me?"

You let a light huff through your lips. "Wonder why they are," you murmured, regardless grabbing your comm and speaking into it.

"Dream doesn't mean harm. You can lower your weapons."

Slowly, and unsurely you could tell, everyone's various weapons ceased to point at you. Your eyes returned to Dream.

"Yeah. Schlatt's an idiot. More of one than I thought he would be." Dream adjusted his glimmering netherite helmet.

"Well, we've been down this thought process before," you commented. "Several times."

Dream looked at the ground and back up. "I thought fighting with him would be a good idea, so I gave him full netherite. And wait- look around, he's not here. As much of a coward as to not fight with his country."

"So, what's your point?" Wilbur crossed his arms, you placing your hands on your hips in tandem.

"We - Manberg, that is - surrender. You've won the war." Dream's hand slid around the back of his neck, rubbing lightly. "Now all that's left is to find the man responsible for it."

You arched an eyebrow at Wilbur, handing an ender pearl to him and looking back at Dream.

"Gentlemen first," you said, voice lilting in a slight tease.

You followed after the men once they enderpearled back to the generals, nodding at them all. Dream welcomed them with a question, "Everyone, mind being quiet?"