Chapter 20

Fitz's POV:

"WHAT?!" I screamed when Ari reported what she had seen. Ignoring her protests and soothing words, I stormed out to the gazebo. 

When I got there, Biana was still on top of Tam, I hauled her off and punched Tam square in the nose. It broke with a crack and blood splattered down his face. He looked at me with fear in his eyes and quickly leaped away.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" screamed Biana, vanishing as I was drop-kicked. The breath whoosed out of me as I hit the ground. 

I lay there, gasping as Biana kicked me one more time, and stormed off toward the house.

Biana's POV:

I hailed Tam the second I got into my room. His nose was bandaged and swollen.

"Tam! I'm so sorry!" I cried.

"It's not your fault," he replied gently, sounding a little nasal. "I saw a gnome running up behind Fitz, she was yelling for him to stop. I think he told all the gnomes to report anything we did." 

My face burned, and I stood rigid.

"I'm so sorry, again. Feel better soon. Now I have a brother to take down."

Stina's POV:

It's been a few months since I started dating Fitz Vacker. 

Fitz. 

Vacker. 

I couldn't believe my luck! I didn't realize he was so much like me. And when he took me out for the first time, people NOTICED. I could see them thinking

'Who is that girl with Fitz Vacker?' I smirked at all of them, seeing the looks of wonder, stares of shock and jealousy, not to mention heartbroken faces. 

Whispers floated around us.

"Is that Fitz Vacker? And Stina Heks? Holding hands?" The crowds parted before us as we made our way down the streets of Atlantis. 

I held my head up, knowing how proud my parents were that I had managed to capture a Vacker with my charms. Fitzy led me to a fancy restaurant called 'The Golden Rose'. 

I walked inside, and a server ushered us to a table surrounded in roses, plated in gold leaf. The plates and silverware were all studded with diamonds, Pretty Boy sure knew how to impress.

A/N Hey Stina, how does it feel to be the SECOND date their? LOL, how many of you got the  reference?

Fitz's POV:

We ordered and talked as we waited for our food. I hadn't realized we were so alike. The dishes finally arrived, and we tucked into plates of mashed carnissa root, hedberry soup, and pudding puffs. 

Afterwards, I took Stina back to Everglen and we walked through the lush gardens. It was a beautiful evening, warm with a slight breeze. I could even hear some gnomes singing. Eventually I stopped by a large cherry tree in full bloom. 

Stina leaned against me, and I couldn't help it. Cupping her face in my hands, I brought her lips to mine.

Stina's POV:

When Fitz kissed me, my brain melted. I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned into him. His lips were soft, smooth and warm, and perfect. 

This is what I'd been dreaming of my whole life. I felt my back brush the cherry tree, his arms around me in a tight embrace. We finally broke apart, gasping for breath. I smiled, not a smirk, but a genuine smile. 

I probably looked stupid. 

He grinned back, and for once, I didn't care how I looked. Fitz Vacker loved me, I could feel it. Radiating from him like heat waves on a bramble field. We sat against the tree, and I put my head against his chest. 

We stayed like that for a while, leaning on each other.

Fitz's POV:

The sun slipped below the skyline of Everglen. I held Stina to me, not wanting to let her go. Suddenly, something shocked my arms. I let go of Stina and jumped back as a glowing forcefield knit itself around her.

"Fitz!" she screamed, I looked around helplessly, not knowing what to do. Something hit my head. Pink slime dripped down my face, and I heard the *click* of an Imparter. (Can they do that?)

"BIANA!!!" I yelled, trying, and failing to wipe the slime from my eyes. She and someone else giggled, Maruca, I assumed. 

By the time I got the slime out of my eyes, they were gone. Stina was handing me a handkerchief, which I greatly accepted. Biana had won this time.

A/N 739 words. I like it.