Chapter 24

Keefe's POV:

This is it. This is how I die. Mallowmelt.

Sophie's POV:

"Stop WHAT?" My adoptive father said for the third time.

"...Stop tickling me?" I said, raising an eyebrow in a way that hopefully said, Stop. Being. Overprotective! I sighed when he didn't recoil. Keefe just sat there. Grady relaxed in the slightest. Then he tensed. What now?

"Tickling you WHERE?" After a moment's more glare.

I felt my face catch fire. Nuclear mode. "My waist." Now it must be purple. Ohhhhhhhhhh boy. Grady stomped over, face beet red. 'Oooookayyyy.' I thought. Quickly, I grabbed Keefe, and leaped away. Which crystal did I grab? I didn't care. 

Just away from Mad Dad. 

Very Mad Dad. 

Scary Very Mad Dad.

Keefe's POV:

Good thing I'm good at light leaping. Foster grabbed me, and we headed somewhere. When my eyes cleared, we were at Everglen. I was trembling. Whew, I thought I was Verdi food for a minute there! I grabbed my Imparter - wait. IT WASN'T THERE! 

I groaned. 

It was back on Sophie's bed. SWIZZLESPICE AND INDIGOOBERS!!!

"Foster? I think I left my imparter on your bed..." She froze, where was hers?

"Oh..." she mumbled a few words I knew she wasn't supposed to say. 

"We're stuck outside of Everglen, and the mansion was so far away I don't think screaming could help. Levitation over the fence? Hmmmm...

"Hey, Foster, can you teleport us over there?" My girlfriend looked at me.

"Yeah, grab my hand." I grinned,

"Always glad to." She blushed again, then levitated us upwards. She's so cute.

"Any time now!" I was getting worried about how far away the ground was. But she can teleport past this, and we won't splat! on the ground. RIGHT?

"Is Keefe Sencen SCARED?!"

I gulped,

"No..." she smirked, flicked my nose, and dropped us. I was ashamed of my banshee-like scream. The void cracked open beneath us, like a monster's maw. Closer. Closer. A few meters above the neat lawn's ground. 

Then Foster and I were sailing through blackness, hand in hand. We tumbled out, next to Everglen's MASSIVE gate.

"Still need to work on those landings, Foster." I groaned, cradling my knee. I moaned some more. Drama should be, like, my top class, if it were a class.

"Trying," she spat onto the ground.

Sophie's POV:

Keefe squealed as I dropped us. I tried not to laugh, remembering that first time I teleported us away from the cave. That was so long ago. I split the void, and we crash-landed on the, what I think was, a soft ground.

"Still need to work on those landings, Foster." He gave the CUTEST moaning and groaning ever! I rejoined with a small "Trying." (A/N My dirty mind went KABOOM!)

Grady's POV:

I sighed in defeat as I saw the panicked teens light leap away. 

Maybe I overreacted, but how long would it stay like that? 

What if he went... LOWER?! 

I was being overprotective. I know. But... she's my little girl. My daughter! Jolie did go through these years with Brant. Scared of me. I shuddered, remembering finding them kissing in the hallway. Teen years. 

They call toddler years nightmares? 

Wait for thirteen more. 

A/N VENTING AHEAD

So basically, my girlfriend was walking, and some guy cam and pounced on her, she screamed, I slapped the guy and kicked him their and then we walked away. So yeah, I'm currently a moody teen watching Netflix & Wattpad secretly while I'm supposed to be doing school. Yeah, that's it.