Two Marriages

Maria's POV

It's been nearly a month since my father died. Today I am getting married to Clopin while Esmeralda marries Pheobus. We're wearing the same dress and accessories. Except I have silver jewellery with sapphires, scarf and purple on my dress. While she has red on her dress, a green scarf and wearing gold jewellery with rubies on them.

I am brushing Esmeralda's hair. She had already brushed mine and put on my tiara & circlet. "I can't believe we're getting married today, to the loves of our lives. It feels like a dream" I tell her with a smile.

"I know, I bet the men are nervous" she states with a chuckle.

"I'm sure Quasi is keeping them calm" I state. There's a knock at the door and a gypsy woman appears. We are in the bell tower getting ready. We will be marrying in front of the cathedral.

"Are you both ready?" she asks us.

"Yes" I say as I put on Esmeralda's tiara and circlet.

"I'll alert them at once" she states and leaves us. We soon descend the stairs and Quasi walks us both down the aisle. I join hands with Clopin as Esmeralda does the same with Pheobus.

"Today we are gather to witness not one union, but two" the archdeacon declares. "Captain Pheobus, your vows" he says.

"I pledge my love to you, and everything that I own.
I promise you the first bite of my meat and the first sip from by cup.
I pledge that your name will aways be the name I cry aloud in the dead of night.
I promise to honor you above all others.
Our love is never-ending, and we will remain, forevermore, equals in our marriage.
This is my wedding vow to you" Pheobus vows to Esmeralda.

"Clopin" the archdeacon says.

"With all my heart, I Clopin take you Maria to be my wife,
I promise to be your lover, companion, and friend,
Your partner in parenthood,
Your ally in conflict
Your greatest fan
I will be your comrade in adventure,
Your comfort in disappointment,
Your accomplice in mischief,
Your strength in times of need
I will listen with understanding, and trust you completely.
All the days of my life" Clopin vows to me. I smile trying to fight back tears of joy. It's now time for Esmeralda and I to say our vows. Esmeralda goes first.

"Since the day you walked into my life, it's been more fulfilling, my smile has been bigger and my heart has been more full. The days since we first met have had their share of struggles and trials but I've never once felt lonely in that time. I promise to love not only who you are today, but to love the person you grow into over the years. I promise to love you without condition, to laugh when you're happy, to cry when you're sad.

I promise to always make sure there's no food left in your beard after dinner.

I promise to remember that neither one of us is perfect, but strive to remind myself of the ways we are perfect for each other.

I promise to love you, respect you, support you and above all else, make sure I'm not just yelling at you because I'm hungry

I promise to be faithful and supportive and to always make our family's love and happiness my priority. I will be yours in plenty and in want, in sickness and in health, in failure and in triumph. I will dream with you, celebrate with you and walk beside you through whatever our lives may bring. You are my person—my love and my life, today and always" Esmeralda vows to Pheobus.

"I admire you. Simply because of your kind soul, tender heart, and positive mindset. I especially appreciate your endearing sense of humor. I am ever so grateful for your love and selflessness. In return, I offer these promises.

I promise you my everlasting devotion, my loyalty and my respect. I promise to love you unconditionally and to grow with you in mind, body and spirit. I promise to pray with you, to dream with you, to build a family with you and to encourage you. I promise to share in your joys and sorrows and all that God has to offer us.

You are my forever, my best friend, my dream come true and now my husband. With these words, and all the words of my heart, I marry you and bind my life to yours. Forever and always. I love you Clopin" I tell him.

We exchange rings. Mine and Clopin's are silver. While Esmeralda and Pheobus' are gold. "By the power invested in me by god. I pronounce you men and wife. You both may kiss your brides" the archdeacon tells us. We smile and kiss as the crowds cheer & the bells ring.

We celebrate with the whole of Paris in the square. We have a huge feast and gypsies perform while playing music. Esmeralda, Phoebus, Clopin and I have our first dance as married couples. While Quasi dances with the children. As it gets late Clopin leads me to a house on the outskirts of Paris.

"What is this place?" I ask him curious.

"Mine and Esmeralda's old home, I had it done up for us. I hope you like it" he states.

"I love it and you" I assure him giving him a peck. He picks me up bridal style making me giggle. He carries me into the house and to the bedroom. Where we made love for the first, second and third time. Before finally falling asleep in each others embrace.

A/N

Picture above of Maria and Esmeralda in their wedding dresses.