Circus

Celeste's POV

I'm playing with uncle Quasi and Zephyr in the bell tower. When his parents appear. His mum, my aunt tells him to slow down. "Ok mum" he say very slowly and I giggle.

"Listen to your mother, young man" Uncle Phoebus scold him gently.

"Uncle Phoebus!" I cheer and rush over. He picks me up and spins me around. I squeal happily and he puts me down. I run over to the goats and hug Nutmeg. I love my goat.

"Yes Papa" Zephyr says in a normal voice.

"Look at her" Aunt Esmeralda says looking at La Fidèle. She heads over to her. "La Fidèle, you are magnificent" she states.

"Are you gonna ring it once for my mom, Quasi?" Zephyr asks.

"And my parents?" I ask.

"You bet he is, and your mother's gonna be down in the square screaming loudly into the night, I love my husband, Phoebus" Uncle Phoebus tells Zephyr.

"Really? And what makes you think that I'm gonna shout so loudly?" Aunt Esmeralda asks him teasingly.

"You'll have to, to be heard over me yelling, "I love Esmeralda!"" he shouts spinning her around. Before kissing her.

"Eww!" I squeal covering my eyes.

"Yuck" Zephyr agrees.

"Yeah. Yuck" Uncle Quasi says. He puts Zephyr down. He grabs a rag and goes to polish La Fidele.

"I'm gonna go find my mum" I state. Running for the stairs.

"No running!" Aunt Esmeralda calls after me.

"And no talking to strangers!" Uncle Phoebus calls.

"Got it, come on Nutmeg!" I shout. She follows me and we leave the bell tower. Then the church. We head for the square and I spot mum on a chair rubbing her pregnant belly. "Mum!" I cheer and run over.

Maria's POV

"Mum!" I hear Celeste shout and look up to see her running over with Nutmeg.

"Slow down" I tell her and she stops in front of me. Giggling. "What's so funny?" I ask her as I pat Nutmeg.

"Aunt Esmeralda told Zephyr the same thing" she states and I chuckle.

"There are my two angels" Clopin says as he joins us. He picks up Celeste kissing her cheek. As she hugs him around the neck. "How are you feeling now?" he asks me.

"Better" I assure him.

"Your feet hurt mum?" Celeste asks concerned.

"I'm fine sweetheart" I assure her. "I went through the same thing with you" I state. "So where is Zephyr and your aunt & uncle?" I ask her.

"With Uncle Quasi in the bell tower, he is polishing La Fidele" she states. I nod my head. Suddenly we hear trumpets and I frown in confusion. Clopin helps me up and we go to see what the commotion is. "Wow! It's the circus!" Celeste cheers. I smile, I loved the circus as a child. Though I loved seeing the gypsies perform more.

"Did you know the circus was coming to town?" I ask Clopin.

"No, but it will defiantly make the festival better" he states. "Who doesn't enjoy the circus?" he asks. I smile.

"Mum look, they have a magician" Celeste tells me. "Can I go see?" she asks.

"We'll all go" I tell her. We follow the circus.

"Come, mes amis! As part of the festival d'amour, a circus has come to Paris!" Clopin announces. We reach the carriage that holds the magician. He appears in a cloud of smoke. Amazing the kids who all cheer.

"Come one, come all. To Cirque de Sarousch! See juggling clowns, fire-breathers, and magic" he declares. A cupboard appears beside him. "And now, may I present the prettiest ornament on the midway" he says and opens the door. But no one was there.

"I can't see" Celeste whines. Clopin puts her on his shoulders.

"My assistant..." the magician says tapping the cupboard with his wand. Before opening the door again. But again no one was there. He stands in front of it.

"It's empty" Celeste whines.

"There's no one there" a little boy adds.

"Well, of course not! You have to come to the circus to see her" the magician state and disappears in a cloud of smoke. The kids cheer as I share a look with Clopin. Looks like the magician's assistant forgot her que, must be new. But I am sure we will see her at the real show.

The circus goes to an oval and starts to set up. "Can we come tomorrow?" Celeste asks us.

"Of course sweetheart" Clopin says as he puts her down.

"I'm sure your aunt, cousin and uncles would like to come also" I state. She smiles happily. "Anyway, how would you feel about Uncle Quasi babysat you tomorrow?" I ask.

"I'd love that" she states.

"I'll go ask him now" I tell her.

"I'll take her home, see you at dinner" Clopin says kissing my cheek. Before leaving with Nutmeg and our daughter. I head to the church and climb the stairs to the bell tower. To see the others had already left.

"Hi Maria" Quasi says with a smile. Ducking out from under La Fidele. "Did you see the circus?" he asks.

"Yes, Clopin and I will be going tomorrow with Celeste. No doubt Esmeralda will go with Zephyr and Phoebus. Anyway I have a favour to ask" I tell him.

"Anything" he states.

"Will you come and mind Celeste?" I ask him. He looks surprised. "Clopin and I wanted to have a day to ourselves. You'd only have to make sure she eats and we'll collect her at sunset" I state.

"I don't" he says. "I know the city is used to me, but the circus people are strangers. I don't want to cause trouble" he states.

"You won't" I assure him. "Please?" I plead.

"Ok, I will" he agrees and I kiss his cheek.

"You're a life saver, anyway I should get home" I tell him. "Don't stay up to late" I add. He nods his head and I leave. As I reach the doors I spot a young woman with short blonder hair. "Hello, are you new?" I ask her with a smile.

"Ah, yes" she says nervously. "I'm Madellaine" she states.

"Maria, welcome to the city" I tell her.

"Which is the way to the bell tower?" she asks. "I just love bells" she adds.

"Up those stairs, my brother can show you around. He is the bell ringer" I tell her. She nods her head giving me a grateful smile. I leave and go home. To see Clopin had already made dinner. "Quasi agreed to watch Celeste tomorrow, he will meet us at the circus with the others" I state.

"Excellent" Clopin says handing me a bowl. We all enjoy dinner. Before going to bed early, so that we could spend more time at the circus tomorrow. Clopin told Celeste a bed time story before joining me in our room. "I love you, sweet dreams" he tells me.

"I love you, good night" I say. I rest my head on his bare chest. I soon fall asleep listening to his heart beat.

A/N

Picture above of the circus arriving and gif on the external link of Sarousch.