Pregnant and Birth

Maria's POV

It's been about six weeks since I married Clopin and I have been sick the last few days. Along with Esmeralda. So today we've decided to go see the doctor. Without telling our husbands, so they don't worry. "What do you think is wrong?" I ask Esmeralda.

"I'm sure it's nothing serious" she assures me as we reach the healers house. We enter and are told to wait. Before we are called in by the doctor. He examines us both and smiles.

"Well neither of you are sick" he assures us. "You both are pregnant" he states. We smile broadly at each other hugging. He gives us the midwife's address along with some herbs to take. We thank him before going to the bell tower. Where their husbands are helping Quasi clean the bells.

"Did you two enjoy your girls day out?" Clopin asks as he hugs me.

"It wasn't really a girls day out" I tell him sheepishly.

"We went to see the doctor" Esmeralda states.

"Are you both ok?" the men asks us.

"We're perfectly healthy" Esmeralda assures them.

"But we're pregnant" I add. Clopin smiles spinning me around and Pheobus does the same with Esmeralda. "Please stop, you're making me nauseous" I tell him and he puts me down. Quasi then gives me a hug congratulating me.

(Eight months later)

It's been eight months since Esmeralda and I found out we were pregnant. Esmeralda had her son three days ago. His name is Zephyr. He looks just like Pheobus, with his fair hair and pale skin. But has Esmeralda's green eyes. But I am still pregnant and I am so over it.

"It won't be long now" Esmeralda assures me as she nurses Zephyr.

"I just want to hold my baby and raise it" I grumble as I rub my swollen stomach.

"Where's Clopin?" she asks me.

"He's at a meeting" I tell her. "He'll be back in an hour" I state.

"I just don't think you should be alone, you can give birth any day now" she states. Before I can reply I feel discomfort in my lower back and abdomen. Along with pressure on my pelvis. "You ok?" Esmeralda asks me concerned.

"Just false labor pains, I've been having them since I woke up this morning" I tell her.

"I think you're in labor Maria" she tells me with a smile.

"Don't be ridiculous" I tell her as I stand up. Something wet falls between my legs and I curse.

"You're water just broke" she sings smiling.

"I can't have the baby now, Clopin isn't here!" I shout as I start to pace.

"Deep breaths" Esmeralda tells me. "I'll send a maid to get the midwife and Djali to get Clopin" she tells me. "Go change and lay down" she instructs. I nod my head and do as I am told. Soon the midwife appears with Esmeralda.

"Where's Zephyr?" I ask her confused.

"Having a nap" she states. The midwife says I am not ready to push yet. Which I am grateful for as I want Clopin here. Even though he won't be allowed in the room as I give birth. Soon Clopin appears and holds my hand.

"Hey my angel, I can't believe we're finally having our baby" he says with a smile. I smile also as an other contraction hits me.

"You are getting close dear, I'm afraid he has to leave now" the midwife tells us.

Clopin kisses me tenderly on the lips. "I'll see you both soon" he states stroking my stomach. "Take care of them" he tells Esmeralda and midwife. Before leaving the room.

(time skip to after birth)

I hold my little girl in my arms as Clopin holds me. "She's perfect" he states.

"She sure is" I agree as she coos. She looks just like me, but has Clopin's hair line.

"What shall we name her?" he asks me.

"How about Celeste? After my mother" I suggest.

"Sounds perfect" he states smiling. Soon our friends and family visited us. They meet our daughter before leaving us alone. "I think it's time you slept" he tells me.

"But what about Celeste?" I ask him worried about leaving her alone.

"She'll be fine, you need rest" he tells me. I sigh as I hand him Celeste and lay on our freshly made bed. "Sleep my angel" he says and kisses me. I hum lightly and fall asleep.

Clopin's POV

I smile at my beautiful wife and leave her to sleep. Going to the den with Celeste. I sit down on my chair and pick up one of my hand puppets. I hold it in front of Celeste. She coos sweetly trying to grab it.

"No baby, this is daddy's. But I will make you your own" I tell her gently. She pouts and I kiss her cheek. Making her coo and grab my nose. "I love you baby and so does your mummy" I assure her. "So do your aunt and uncles" I add.

I hum an old gypsy lullaby and she soon falls asleep. I carry her back to the bedroom and lay her in her crib. Then remove my belt, shoes and shirt. I lay beside Maria and cover us with a blanket. "I love you Maria, you and Celeste so much" I state. She smiles in her sleep and snuggles closer into my side. Resting her head on my chest. I wrap my arms around her and drift off to sleep. Our family now complete.

A/N

Picture above of baby Celeste and on the external link of baby Zephyr with his parents.