Le Jour D'Amour

Maria's POV

Maria's POV

It's been nearly six months since Celeste's birthday and it is now spring time. I am due to give birth in about twelve weeks. Nutmeg has grown, but still hasn't for her horns. Celeste takes very good care of her with her cousin Zephyr's help. Celeste is very excited to be a big sister. She wants a little sister as she sees her cousin as a brother already. She says she wants to call her sister Jade. I told her if it's a girl, we'll name her Jade. But if it's a boy, then Clopin will choose the name.

But right now we are preparing for Le Jour D'Amour, the Festival of Love. With the whole city. I dress as a gypsy as always, minus the corset as it is to hard to wear with my pregnant belly. Besides it's bad for the baby.

"Come on Nutmeg!" Celeste calls as I smile up at Quasi as he hangs the banners. Jumping from roof to roof. Nutmeg belches and runs to catch up to us.

"What a beautiful day" a woman says as she opens her windows.

"Good morning" another says as she passes us.

"Good morning" I say with a smile as Celeste waves. "Come along Celeste, we don't want to be late" I tell my daughter. She nods her head as we continue on our way.

"There's daddy!" she shouts pointing ahead of us. As Clopin starts to sing holding a basket of yellow flowers.

"There's music
in the marketplace

The streets have come alive

The town is in a tizzy
It's a busy buzzing hive

There's cause for this commotion
And emotional display

We just can't wait to celebrate
Our favorite holiday!" he sings loudly. As he stands on a platform as an arch of flowers is erected. He spots us and smiles brightly.

"Le Jour D'Amour
Your song is in the air" he sings as he leaps from the platform. Quasi lands beside him and joins the song.

"What magic will you make for us?" they sing together.

"What promise will you share?" they sing with an elderly couple as Quasi handed them a flower. The couple walk away smiling. The basket is dropped as Quasi and Clopin start to dance together. As they continue to sing. I notice D'jali and Nutmeg helping themselves to the flowers and shake my head.

"That golden bell, sweet La Fidèle
Will soon be ringing clear

The best of all the festivals
Le Jour D'Amour is here" Quasi and Clopin sing together. Clopin leaps back onto the platform to address the crowd.

"Mesdames et messieurs, time is short!  You must find your true love. Find your soul's mate,
for the festival D'Amour is upon us" he declares. Pulling a man and woman onto the platform. And they share a kiss.

"Yuck" Celeste says and I giggle. Clopin walks over to us and picks up our daughter. Spinning her around, making her laugh. "Daddy, put me down!" she squeals. He chuckles and does so. She runs off wen she spots Zephyr.

"May I have this dance?" Clopin asks me offering me his arm.

"Of course you may" I say and kiss him. Before linking our arms together. I join him in the next verse of the song.

"Some have come
in puppy love

Perchance to steal a kiss

Some are still enamored
After years of wedded bliss" we sing together. Other couples join us as we skip down the street. Quasi bringing up the rear with Zephyr and Celeste. As the crowd join the song.

"Everyone's parading
down the promenade in pairs

To join the celebration
Of the finest of the fairs

Le Jour D'Amour
Your song is in the air" we all sing. We reach Clopin's puppet stand. He puts on a small show with Quasi as they continue to sing.

"What magic will you make for us?
Whose name shall l declare?" Clopin sings solo.

"That golden bell, sweet La Fidèle
Will soon be ringing clear

The best of all the festivals
Le Jour D'Amour is here" Quasi and Clopin sing together. As couples dance in the square in front of the cathedral. I notice the kids in a circle dancing happily as they laugh in joy. I start to hand out flowers as Quasi joins me.

"How the stars will sparkle on the water

As the troubadours sing
Tales of true romance" Quasi sings. I notice the gargoyles singing a top the bell tower. Quasi had introduced me to them properly.

"The spirits may rise

With f*re in their eyes" Victor and Hugo sing. Quasi and I head over to Esmeralda. Who is performing with the kids riding D'Jali and Nutmeg. Playing the tambourine.

"While gypsy girls
Enchant you with a dance
Ho, ho, ho!" I hear Larvene shout and laugh as Quasi joins the dance on stage. Clopin pulls in for a dance with the other couples. As Quasi left Esmeralda to go hand out more flowers. As we all continue to sing.

"Le Jour D'Amour
Your song is in the air

What magic will you make for us?
What promise will you share?

That golden bell, sweet La Fidèle
Will soon be ringing clear

The best of all the festivals
Le Jour D'Amour is here" we all sing. We all cheer. I sigh and lean on Clopin.

"Tired already my angel?" he asks me.

"You would be to, if you were in my position" I tell him. He chuckles and guides me over to a chair and has my sit. He sits opposite me and starts to give me a foot massage. "How did I get so lucky?"  I ask him.

"My thoughts exactly" he tells me with a smile. I smile back and we lean in pecking each other on the lips. "I can't wait to shout your name again" he states.

"Nor can I yours" I tell him.

"We should practice" he says with a teasing smile. I go to protest. "I love Maria!" he shouts and I laugh. "Come on my angel" he encourages me offering me a pink flower.

"And I love Clopin!" I shout and he kisses me again. "Where did our daughter run off to?" I ask him. As I accept the flower.

"Ran off to see Quasi with the goats, and Zephyr" he states. "Speaking of Quasi, how would he feel about baby sitting?" he asks me.

"He loves the kids, why?" I ask him.

"We haven't had a day to ourselves in ages. What with me being leader of the gypsies, preparing for the festival and you preparing for our future baby" he states.

"A day to ourselves?" I ask and he nods his head. "Sounds lovely" I tell him. "I'll talk to Quasi about it later" I tell him. "Now get back to work, I'll be fine here" I state. He kisses me again and goes back to helping with the preparations.

A/N

Picture above of Quasi with Zephyr and Celeste. Video above of the song and picture in chapter of Nutmeg now.

List if Future Chapters:

Circus

Quasi Baby Sitting

Thefts?

Advice on Love

La Fidele Gone

Rescuing Zephyr

Quasi's First Kiss

Epilouge: Happily Ever After