Phoebus and Quasi's Warning

(With Clopin) Third Persons POV

"Is this the Court of Miracles?" Quasi asks Phoebus. As they walk through a flooded chamber lined with skeletons.

"Offhand, I'd say it's the Court of Ankle Deep Sewage. Must be the old catacombs" Phoebus tells him. Neither notice three of the skeletons rise behind them. "Cheerful place. Kinda makes you wish you got out more often, eh Quasi?" he asks him.

"Not me. I just want to warn Esmeralda and Maria. Then get back to the bell tower. I don't want to get in any more trouble" Quasi tells him.

"Speaking of trouble, we should have run in to some by now" Phoebus states as he stops walking. He raises the torch in his hand and looks around the chamber.

"What do you mean?" Quasi asks him confused.

"You know, a guard, a booby trap..." Phoebus starts to say. Suddenly their torches go out. "Or an ambush" Phoebus finishes as they are ambushed by the skeletons. As the chamber is fully lit. The skeleton force Quasi and Phoebus to their knees in front of a now unmasked Clopin.

"Well, well, well. What have we here?" Clopin asks the skeletons. They shout trespassers and spies. Quasi and Phoebus try to protest. But are gagged by two of the skeletons. "Don't interrupt me! You're very clever to have found our hideaway. Unfortunately, you won't live to tell the tale" he tells them.

"MAYBE YOU'VE HEARD OF A TERRIBLE PLACEWHERE THE SCOUNDRELS OF PARIS COLLECT IN A LAIRMAYBE YOU'VE HEARD OF THAT MYTHICAL PLACECALLED THE COURT OF MIRACLES. Hello, you're there!" Clopin sings loudly.

"WHERE THE LAME CAN WALKAND THE BLIND CAN SEE" the gypsies sing.

"BUT THE DEAD DON'T TALKSO YOU WON'T BE AROUND TO REVEAL WHAT YOU'VE FOUND" Clopin sings.

"WE HAVE A METHOD FOR SPIES AND INTRUDERSRATHER LIKE HORNETS PROTECTING THEIR HIVE" Clopin sings with the gypsies. As they carry Quasi and Phoebus to the gypsy town.

"HERE IN THE COURT OF MIRACLES" Clopin sings solo.

"WHERE IT'S A MIRACLE IF YOU GET OUT ALIVE!" Clopin and the gypsies sing. Quasi and Phoebus have been taken up to a platform. Where nooses are placed around their necks.

"Gather around, everybody! There's good 'noose' tonight" Clopin tells the town. A crowd starts to gather around the platform chuckling at his joke. "It's a double header, a couple of Frollo's spies!" he announces. "And not just any spies! His captain of the guard, and his loyal, bell ringing henchman" he states impersonating Quasi and Phoebus.

"JUSTICE IS SWIFT IN THE COURT OF MIRACLESI AM THE LAWYERS AND JUDGE ALL IN ONEWE LIKE TO GET THE TRIAL OVER WITH QUICKLYBECAUSE IT'S THE SENTENCE THAT'S REALLY THE FUN!" Clopin sings. "Any last words?" he asks them. Phoebus and Quasi mumble through their gags. "That's what they all say" Clopin says cracking his fingers.

"NOW THAT WE'VE SEEN ALL THE EVIDENCE" he sings.

"Wait, I object!" his puppet squeals.

"Overruled" Clopin tells it.

"I object!" the puppet squeals and Clopin covers it with his hat.

"Quiet" he orders.

"Dang" the puppet groans. Clopin approaches Phoebus and Quasi.

"WE FIND YOU TOTALLY INNOCENT...WHICH IS THE WORST CRIME OF ALL" he sings.

"SO YOU'RE GOING TO HANG!" he yells with the gypsies. Clopin starts to pull the handle. Esmeralda and Maria pushed their way through to the front of the crowd.

Maria's POV

"Stop!" Esmeralda and I yell. As Clopin was about to hang Phoebus and Quasi. We climb onto the platform. "These men aren't spies--they're our friends" she tells Clopin as we remove the nooses and gags.

"Why didn't they say so!?!" Clopin demands.

"We did say so!" Phoebus and Quasi shout.

"This is the soldier that saved the Miller's family" I state as I undo the ropes on his wrists.

"Quasimodo helped Maria and I escape the cathedral" Esmeralda adds releasing Quasi's hands.

"We came to warn you! Frollo's coming! He says he knows where you're hiding, and he's attacking at dawn with a thousand men" Phoebus announces.

"Then let's waste no time! We must leave immediately!" Esmeralda states. Gypsies begin running everywhere, beginning to pack up. I hug Quasi while Esmeralda hugs Phoebus.

"You both took a terrible risk coming here" I tell them.

"It may not exactly show, but we're grateful" Esmeralda adds. Clopin comes over and wraps an arm around my waist. I smile up at him and flick his forehead.

"That's for trying to hang my brother" I tell him. "This is for stopping" I add and go to kiss him.

"Nor would I!" dad announces. I pull away from Clopin, who pushes me behind him. Dad and his men appear in the doorway. Soldiers surround the people and take the gypsies into custody. "After twenty years of searching, the Court of Miracles is mine at last. Dear Quasimodo, I always knew you would someday be of use to me" he says.

"What are you talking about?" Esmeralda demands.

"Why, he led me right to you, my dear" dad tells her smirking.

"You're a liar" she sneers.

"And look what else I've caught in my net--Captain Phoebus, back from the dead. Another miracle, no doubt. I shall remedy that" dad states. "There will be a little bonfire in the square tomorrow, and you're all invited to attend" he tells us. "Lock them up" he orders the guards.

Clopin is pulled away from me."No, Clopin!" I yell reaching out to him and I as restrained.

"Maria, get your hands off her!" Clopin yells trying to fight his way to me. But more guards restrain him. Dad suddenly appears in front me and slaps me.

"You have been a very bad girl" he tells me hotly. "You will be locked up until you learn your place. But do not fear, you are invited to the bonfire. So you can see what happens to those who cross me" he states. "Do not cross me again Maria" he says. "Take her to her room and lock her up" he orders the guards. They take me away.

A/N

Picture above of Clopin about to pull the lever and on the external link of Frollo invading the Court of Miracles. Video above of Clopin singing.