➤ nineteen . . .

"THE LINE STARTS HERE!"...

"Thank you for waiting!"

"You can get a discount on a box of twelve!"

"Welcome! Come to Mozuya for karaage! This is Mozuya!" The store was packed with people waiting for their turn to buy karaage. If you were there, you would get bored and annoyed just by waiting in line for so long. Most likely, you would have cut in line but you didn't have the guts to do it because of the people and how they might recognize you.

"So Mozuya's the karaage place you were talking about." Ikumi said, looking at the store. She seemed to be in awe that such a small part of the town housed so many stores filled with food and such.

"You know of it?" You and Yukihira asked in unison, the male becoming a bit red before looking away, very flustered.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
System:

I swear I will beat the ego
out of Yukihira-
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"System don't you even-"

"They're a really famous chain in Kansai. That's Nakamozu Kinu. She's the owner of the Mozuya chain. They started out in Kyoto and now have branches all across Kansai." Ikumi said, telling everything to inform you.

"They've won the National Karaage Copetition three years in a row, a historic feat, and everyone says they will win this year as well." You didn't get to catch what Ikumi stated next when you felt someone tap you from behind. You turned around a saw a male and female behind you. Both seemed to be the same age or even older than you.

Another round of fans, eh?

"Etto.. You're Y-Y/N Kinoshita, right?" They asked, slightly nervous. You nodded. The two looked at each other and squealed, making you smile from ear to ear. 

"C-can we have your a-autograph?" 

"Oh, sure!" You took the pen and paper they held and wrote down your signature.

"What are your names?" The male malfunctioned, looking at the girl.

"Kori and Aka." The girl— who you assumed to be Kori said shyly. You nodded again and wrote something on the paper.

"Hello Kori and Aka. Take care of yourselves and be good to your peers." It read on the back of the paper before you gave it back. 

"T-thank you so much!" They bowed at you and left, their smiles were ear to ear. Delighted to see the Y/N Kinoshita in person, and also to have your autograph.

Ikumi raised an eyebrow at the kids, questioning their sanity.

"I was in the middle of talking and they interrupted. They need to learn respect." You playfully punch Ikumi who backed off.

"Ah! I was just saying! Fucking Zeus!"

"A lot of customers are housewives." Yukihira muttered.

"Maybe they are lazy to.. cook..?" You replied bluntly, looking at the passersbys and the stores that were half way of being full. 

"Yeah, and there will be even more people in the evening. The packaging is stylish, so it's really popular with the ladies. A lot of people even take the train here just to buy it." Kurase stated.

"Heh~? It isn't that stylish though." You replied to what Kurase said, squinting your eyes to look at their packaging.

"So they have a nice storefront with a bunch of staff. The business looks good." The male mumbled.

"Huh, chairman?" 

"W-wah?! Soma-chan?" The suspicious looking man squinted his eyes to see if it really was Soma Yukihira.

"The fuck is wrong with that man."

"What are you doing here?" Yukihira asked the man, who started panicking.

"O-oh, I was thinking of maybe I could do something to help out." The chairman of the shopping district replied, looking around suspiciously again.

"Seems like another person hungry for money that's why he's asking for assistance," you thought slightly smirking.

"What's with the getup?" Yukihira asked again, placing both of his hands on his hips.

"We're behind enemy lines. It'll be dangerous if they realize who I am." The man answered.

"How so? You should be more careful Soma-chan."

"There's no need to skulk about." Someone said, the owner of the Karaage placed her hand on the chairman's shoulders, making the male flinch.

"Why not line up with pride, chairman?" The female said, scaring the man.

"Are you folks from the shopping district? Would you like to try some?" She asked, holding a Karaage with her hands.

"Oh, you're with Y/N Kinoshita-san! Do you also want to try some? It would be nice to have a famous teen chef to try one!" The middle-aged woman asked, you then started to remember the taste and texture of the karaage, you badly wanted to barf. But you didn't want to ruin your reputation that the real Y/N Kinoshita made.

"ah.. eh.. sure, hehe.." You faked a laugh, all of you then took a piece of karaage and placed it inside your mouth. You started chewing the karaage and gave the woman a fake smile.

"It tastes pretty good, Nakamozu-san!" You complimented her.

"Holy fucking shit that's the most disgusting thing I ate in my entire life. It's much more disgusting than the ones that I tasted yesterday!" You thought to yourself, you wanted to puke it all out but you didn't want to look rude.

Just smile and nod, just smile and nod.

You then glance at your friends and saw that they were enjoying the karaage.

"How the fuck did they enjoy that awfully tasted food?!"

"Wow. How do you make this taste so good?" Kurase asked after tasting it.

"Hold up, this bitch just said taste so good. are you fucking kidding me-"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
System:

Obviously they like it because they
are Japanese. Unlike you.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Look system, I just wanted to play my game and get to school. I didn't ask to be transported here and eat this, okay?"

"Let me tell you! We're using Omi Local Chicken. They're premium breed fed only on herbs. The finishing touch is Mozuya's proprietary super secret soy sauce marinade. A long with grated apples, we use more than a dozen ingredients—" The old woman started blabbering things that you had not intention into paying attention too. And the way she talks is like your grandma, ugh.

"There are those who call our chicken The World's Greatest Karaage." The woman said, hiding the half of her face using the yellow fan that she's holding.

"More like The World's Disgusting Karaage." You muttered, enough for Yukihira to hear. The male glance at you and chuckled at your comment.

"Are you sure you want to tell us all this? After all, we're here to spy on you." Yukihira told the woman.

"Oh, I don't mind at all. I doubt you manage to duplicate our recipe." The woman said, belittling all of you.

"How dare you belittle my friends. You're also looking down at a Kinoshita, are you ready to face the consequences for belittling one of the members of the Kinoshita clan?" You said, your voice filled with confidence as your eyes pierced through her soul.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
System:

Is this the part where you do
something stupid?
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Back me up system!"