➤ twenty - three . . .

"OH, I'M ON IT, TOO." RYO MUTTERED...

Looking at the board. Alice then glance at the black-haired male.

"Of course you'd be! It'd be embarrassing if my close aide failed to be selected. Failure is not an option during the preliminaries." Alice stated.

"I'll be fine. Even if I end up facing you, I'm invested to try to win." Ryo spoke bluntly, making the white-haired girl sulk as a result.

"Why are you upset?" Ryo asked the girl, who just slapped him in the back multiple times.

"What's with you? I don't think you have enough respect for me!"

"I'm always showing you respect."

"More, More! You should show more respect towards me!" Seeing them at the distance, you sighed heavily. They were always like this ever since you guys are kids- or more like ever since Kinoshita and them are kids.

You were contemplating whether or not to help Ryo from being slapped by Alice or not. 

"Ryoooo~!" You shouted while running, jumping to his back as you automatically wrapped your arms around his neck. You were impressed that he reacted quickly enough despite his shocked expression. He instantly wrapped his arms on your legs to prevent you from falling like when you were still kids.

"I just noticed that I'm always running since earlier.." You thought to yourself. You buried your face on his neck that made you inhale his perfume. He did smell good for someone who looks like he hadn't took a shower judging by the way he dresses like an emo.

"Gah, I'm so tired." You muttered under your breathe, resting your head on his shoulder after taking a sniff of the nice perfume he had.

"Hmm? Why do you look so tired, Y/N?" Alice looked up at you. Since Ryo was massive, she had to cock her head up in order to talk to you. You felt a smile crawl up by just looking at Alice.

So this is what it feels like to be tall?

"I was running here and there, 'ya know, I have a ton of friends and shit." You gasped, still trying to catch your breath from pacing around everywhere.

"Hello, everyone~!" Judging by the voice, you knew that it was Urara right away. The female was standing onto something that brought her high up, with smokes around her. The girl was waving her hand to her fellow students.

"I'm Kawashima Urara! I'll be your host at the Autumn Elections! Smile!" Urara shouted, making the other male students shout at the overflowing cuteness that oozed out of her.

"Oh geez, here we go again." You muttered, the male that was carrying you still just glanced at you in confusion.

"My heartfelt congratulations to those who have been selected! As I'm sure you're already aware from the announcement, the sixty contestants are split into Group A and Group B. Each group will undergo the preliminaries separately." Urara started blabbering about the things that they need to know for the preliminaries, you didn't listen to her because you already saw this in the countless gameplays you have watched in your real world.

Instead, you averted your attention to Ryo who was listening attentively.

"Am I heavy? Do you want me to get off?" You asked the male, checking his face to see any signs of discomfort by your heaviness. 

"No, I can't even feel your heaviness." Ryo stated bluntly, making you frown.

"Is that a compliment or an insult?" You asked again, squinting your eyes. The male just shrugged his shoulders, he didn't want to answer your question.