Chapter 2 - Class 0

Flowers grow back, even after they're stepped on. So will you

"Kevin," I mumble, turning over and looking at the tall figure in my room. "Oh shit!," I curse standing up. I quickly run to the bathroom and brush my teeth. I quickly throw on a pair of really ripped black distressed jeans, a white tube top and a black jacket with blue and red on the sides. I brush my hair leaving it straight and walk out. To see Kevin carrying the last of my bags to his car.

"Why are you wearing a uniform today," I ask, following him outside. Kevin is my parole officer aka bodyguard aka my parents also hire him to drive me to school or watch me. I've snuck out, skipped classes and shit a few times.

"I have a shift after I drop you off. Plus your files say you need to be escorted by a police officer," Kevin answers. I get into the passenger seat of his car as we drive off. He pulls into a parking spot before leaving. I stay in the car scrolling on my phone. When he returns he's holding a tray of food. I pick up the blueberry muffin, donut and ice coffee before thanking him. Kevin is also my adoptive parents friend. My friend too. After eating a ton and listening to music I start to fall asleep.

•••

"Charm wake up!," Kevin shouts and I jerk out of my sleep. We're here. I look around seeing grass, trees, rocks. Looks like camp to me. I take a quick look in the mirror fixing my makeup before getting out of the car. I grab my bags and look at a few people in the windows staring at me.

"Hello, I'm principal Sanders," a guy in a suit says holding out his hand. I look at his hand then back at him before walking away with my backpack.

"Sorry she's not too happy," I hear Kevin say to Sanders and shake his hand. I ignore them waking to the building that says OFFICE AND ADMISSIONS in bold letters. Before walking in I shove my backpack into a bush.

"Welcome," the lady at the front desk says. I ignore her sitting down on a bench. Kevin and principal Sanders walk in and I watch as they talk. Kevin is carrying the rest of my bags.

"Alright kiddo I'm heading out now," Kevin says and I nod. I stand up giving him a high five. "Stay out of trouble!," he shouts walking away.

"Have you met me!," I shout back, hearing him laugh. Once he leaves I turn around back to principal Sanders.

"Alright so bags are getting searched and you need to go through the scanner," he says, directing me down the hall. I grab my bags Kevin brought and follow him.

Beep! The scanner beeps as I walk through it. A guy in a blue uniform pulls out some metal wad thing before hovering over my body. Beep! It beeps multiple times as it hits my ankle. I pull a pocket knife out of my shoe before handing it over. I rewalk through the machine. Beep! He uses the metal detector again. Beep! Right on my shoulder. I take off my jacket, turning the arm inside out. I unzip the pocket on the inner arm sleeve pulling out a pair of scissors.

"Forgot I had that,"  I chuckle lightly handing over the scissors. I walk through the scanner once more as they search through my bags. Beep! He uses the metal detector on my body once more stopping at my boobs. Beep!

"Charmainley," Principal Sanders says sternly.

"Underwire bra. You know girl things," I lie. The person doing the detection and Sanders look at each other before looking back at me. I send them an innocent smile before Sanders sighs.

"Alright," he says.

"Bags are clear!," one guy yells and I take my bags up. We walk back out to the front office.

"Hi! I'm Toni, your tour guide," a girl with long blonde hair in a high ponytail and green eyes says. I send her a small smile as she helps me with my bags. "First stop your cabin," Toni declares and I nod.