Chapter 8 - Bad Ideas x5

When it feels scary that is exactly when you should jump, otherwise, you'll end up staying in the same place your whole life

"What's that?" Chase asks as he reads the quote text message off my phone. I quickly shut off my phone not realizing he was reading it.

"Uh, nothing. J-just quote of the day," I stutter.

"You're a bad liar," he says.

"Anyways. Is everyone ready?" I ask. Hendrix is wearing a white shirt, jeans and leather jacket. AJ decided on cargo pants and a graphic shirt. Toni is dressed in a short sparkling pink dress. Chase has on black ripped jeans and a burgundy button up shirt. The first few buttons at the top are undone and his sleeves rolled up. button-up

"Except you," AJ mentions and I look down realizing I'm still wearing sweats. I take off my sweatpants and hoodie revealing a sparkling burgundy dress.

"Oh damn we're matching," I say looking at Chase's burgundy button-up. He doesn't say anything but is just gaping at my outfit choice. I pick up my black jacket and throw it on.

"Well let's go," I walk through the door this time instead of a window this time. Chase and I use the flashlights on our phones to guide our way through the dark forest to the streets. I wonder how he managed to sneak his phone in.

"How'd you sneak a phone and pocket knife in here," AJ whispers as we walk down the dark street.

"She hid a backpack in a bush with shit in it. Just like Chase did," Toni answers for me. I nod along and check my phone for the Uber.

"He's here," I read outloud looking around and seeing no car.

"Right there," AJ yells pointing to the bright light coming towards us. We get into the van and let the driver drive us to the club.

•••

"Here. Walker sent me," a guy whispers, handing me an envelope. I walk back over to the front of the club with it.

"Alright, we have. Chloe Arthur," I say handing Toni her fake ID. "Mr. Alex Daniels," I hand AJ his fake. "Henry Stone," for Hendrix. "And Carter Blanco," I hand Chase his fake and crumple the envelope.

"Where's yours?" AJ asks.

"Please. I own this club," I scoff smugly. I start walking to the front of the line ignoring everyone waiting. Everyone else follows behind.

"Denzel what's up," I greet the bouncer. He lifts his sunglasses getting a good look at me before smiling.

"Charm. Aren't you away at that camp?" He asks.

"I am," I nod and Denzel laughs.

"Alright I'll let you in but your friends need IDs," he says and I nod. Everyone shows him their IDs and we walk into the club. It's dark and the smell of alcohol lingers in the air. We head to the bar and I sit down at a stool where my favourite waiter is.

"Charm. To what do I owe this pleasure. Also, how'd that essay go," Walker greets. He's got dyed black hair, sea-blue eyes. With his black tank top, his whole tattoo sleeve is on display.

"You knew I was coming and 93%! Anyways, what deals can you do today?" I ask. Walker is really smart.

"Boss is already mad about me giving you free drinks. I won't be able to hook you up," he explains and I frown.

"Shields' card is open. Will you be using his?" He asks.

"He's here?" I question looking around. Walker nods and I smirk biting back a laugh. "Of course he is. All of them will be using it. Start us off with shots, 2 each," I determine gesturing to my friends. Walker nods and begins pouring us my favourite shots.