Chapter 3 - Sneaky Beauty

If it excites you and scares you at
the same time, it probably means you should do it

"What was your name again? Luck or clover," Chase jokes and I roll my eyes.

"It's actually Charm thank you very much. What about yours Huxley wasn't is pursue or follow," I say thinking of synonyms for the word chase.

"Funny," he comments.

"So what do we do in this dumbass class," I ask.

"Alright students, we have a new student today. Give it up for Charmainley Finley!" The teacher says and everyone minus Chase claps.

"It's just Charm," I correct, sending a wave to the class.

"Charmainley," Chase whispers.

"Don't push it," I whisper back. He throws his hands up in defence sarcastically and I roll my eyes playfully.

"Well, I'm Mr. Peterson. Welcome," he says and I nod. "Today we will be doing breathing exercises in groups of three. Everyone will be paired with someone their colour," he explains.

"Alright, so Shawn, Chase and Charm. You guys can work over there," he says pointing to a tree. Who I assume is Shawn stands up and takes the instructions from Mr. Peterson's hands. We start walking over and I notice Shawn's dirty blonde hair and deep green eyes.

"What's up Shawn," I say and he scoffs.

"A girl in Class 0. Funny eh. Let me guess she stole makeup," Shawn jokes looking over at Chase who laughs.

"I know right because I'm a girl I'm not as bad and hardcore as a guy. Keep laughing and I'll have a knife to your throat," I threaten.

Chase smirks as Shawn opens his mouth to laugh again. I look back checking if the teacher is watching and he isn't. I quickly pull my pocket knife out of my bra and pining Shawn down on his stomach with an arm behind his back. I press the cool blade to Shawn's throat daring him to laugh again.

"Anything you want to say Shawn because I have slit someone's throat before and watched the life drain out of them," I challenge.

I actually haven't done that. Sure I've slit someone's throat but not to the point where they'd bleed out and die. Usually like a little warning nick.

"I'm sorry," he cries out and I laugh letting him go.

"Pathetic," I say sitting down and leaning against the tree trunk. Chase sits down in front of me and I watch as Shawn moves his arm up and down stretching it. He then sits down next to Chase.

"Alright, ladies this is how it's going to work. You fill out the form and I'll take a nap," I demand, throwing my arms behind my head. Shawn nods, getting out a pen before writing our names on the paper.

"Class 0 my ass," I scoff, taking the paper from him. "I'm kidding we can work together. Just don't pull that sexist bullshit again or I'll show you what a girl can do," I threaten Shawn.

"Sure. What's first," he clears his throat. I handed the paper to Chase for him to read and we got started.

•••

My next class was English with Toni. Luckily since I came late I only had a half-day of school. I'm now on my way to my last class. Meditation and Yoga. Fucking shoot me.

I walk down the trail since the class is supposed to be outside again. I see a bunch of people near the lake on mats. I quickly grab a mat and walk to the far back. I didn't bring a change of clothes and there's no way I'm doing yoga in jeans. I lay down facing upwards towards the warm sun and close my eyes. When it gets cold and darker I realize someone is in my way.