⇢ CHAPTER 75

season 10 episode 6

"This is bull." Holly shook her head, crossing her arms in front of her as she sat down next to Jackson in the cafeteria before reaching over to steal a fry off his tray, "Callie is working on a brain mapping project and she chose Derek--"

"You just got your navy scrubs-- which you look adorable in," Jackson added, making Holly squint at him as he tried to smile at her, "And Derek joined the project while you were still a resident."

"Resident-becoming-an-attending." Holly corrected before sinking in her chair, eating another fry, "Meredith, Cristina, Derek, Callie-- they're all doing projects and I'm jealous."

"Well," Jackson shrugged, "I'll make sure to put you first on my list if I ever do a research project."

Holly smiled softly, "You will?"

"Of--"

"Jesus Christ, can't a guy eat in peace without your annoying lovey-dovey crap?" Alex groaned, grabbing his sandwich before stuffing his face and walking away.

Holly squinted at him before she looked over at Jackson, "I think we're adorable."

Jackson handed her another fry with a smile, "Agreed."

Holly sighed, having finished a Neuro consult, she walked over to Callie and Derek by the Nurse's Station of the E.R., "Hey guys--"

"I'm not going forward with the project. You should totally run with it, though." Callie spoke to Derek before looking at Holly with her new scrubs, "Aww, you're growing up--"

"No." Derek interrupted Callie from walking away, "this is your project. Mickey's your patient. I can't do this. I don't have time. Meredith and I are in over our heads with kids, and she needs time, too."

Holly's eyebrows rose upon hearing the news of the project as she inconspicuously tapped away at her patient's chart on her tablet, whispering, "I mean, I don't have any kids--"

"So maybe we just drop it." Callie suggested with a shrug, "No harm done, right?"

"Oh," Derek scoffed lightly, "and tell that to Mickey Wenschler."

"Mickey will be alright." Callie assured, grabbing onto Derek's arms before informing Stephanie about her patient.

As Derek walked away,  deciding to inform Mr. Wenschler about the fate of the project, Holly quickly rushed over, "Hey--"

"Hey, new scrubs." Derek smiled, "How are you liking being an attending?"

"Oh, it's fun." Holly smiled with a nod, "I-I talked to Steve on the phone, he's liking Maine so far and spending time with Winnie when he can-- and I'm thinking about adding myself onto a research project."