⇢ CHAPTER 84

season 10 episode 18

"Don't get sick." Holly warned, skipping into step with Jackson as she fiddled with her ring, "I heard there's an infection running around the hospital."

"I know." Jackson assured before looking at her with a smile, "Don't get sick."

"I won't." Holly grinned, "I'm gonna talk to Derek to find out how not to."

"Derek?" Jackson quirked a brow, "Why?"

"He, Mark, and Addison figured out a way on how not to get sick." Holly explained, pursing her lips as she looked around, "I'm trying to find him so I can ask—" She looked back at Jackson, "how has wedding planning gone?'

"Good." Jackson beamed, "Our favorite venue was picked, invitations have been sent out, I've booked all the caters, and all you need to do is pick your bridesmaids and dress— oh," He winced, looking at her through one eye, "and I picked April as my best man."

Holly scoffed, crossing her arms in front of her chest, "You picked my sister for your best man?"

Jackson flashed her a smile before pecking her lips, "I love you."

"Mm." Holly hummed, squinting at him, "Fine— I'll just get Derek as my maid-of-honor—" Her eyes widened as she caught sight of him, "speaking of which, I found him."

"Hey," Jackson grabbed Holly's arm before she could go, "can I get a list of bridesmaids and—"

"I'll take care of the dress." Holly nodded, pecking his lips one last time before she slipped out of his hold and rushed up to Derek, aware of Jackson's eyes still on her, "Derek!"

"Oh, Holly." Derek waved lightly before he refocused his attention to his notecards, "I'm just looking over—"

"Your speech for the fifty doctors from D.C." Holly recited with a nod, entering the elevator with him, "I know— I remember."

"Oh." Derek looked over his notecards before grinning at her, "Can I—?"

"Sure." Holly shrugged, knowing he was going to ask her to listen to his speech, "But only if you share your secret weapon to not getting sick." Derek hesitated, "Please?"

Derek squinted at her, "Fine." He pressed the emergency stop button on the elevator and looked at her, "All right, first thing you want to do is hoard the hand-sanitizer, and I mean treat it like it's your best friend."

Holly nodded, writing down the information in a small piece of paper before looking at him, "Got it."

Jackson smiled as he saw Holly tapping away at her patient's chart before he started to frown as he approached her, "...Holly?"

"Hey." Holly weakly grinned, looking at Derek across the hall, who was also as ill as she was, "I—"