⇢ CHAPTER 29

season 6 episode 7

Holly pursed her lips as she walked by the M

Holly pursed her lips as she walked by the M.R.I. scanning room and paused before walking back inside, "Why's there a party in here? And why wasn't I invited?" Holly joked as she walked inside, looking at Issac's scan of his spinal tumor that everyone gazed upon, "Ooh, tumor." Holly hummed, "Awesome." She smiled at Derek, "Can I scrub in?"

"Ah." Cristina shook her head since she had to settle on a Neuro God instead of a Cardio God and Derek finally had a big case, "You don't get to 'I chose Neuro God first' your way into this." She grabbed the scan from Holly, "My spinal tumor."

Holly pouted lightly as Lexie walked in, "Hey, what's everyone... oh, a spinal tumor." She began, "I read about a case at Mayo where the surgery took seventeen hours. The head surgeon had four rotating assistants, one of whom just administered fluids."

"Okay," Cristina chimed, "you know what? Don't try to Lexopedia your way on this." She pointed at herself and the scan, "This is my tumor."

Holly rolled her eyes with a smile as Arizona asked, "What happened to the patient at Mayo?"

"He died." Lexie answered, "That's why it only took seventeen hours."

"Hey," Owen entered, "I just heard. Issac has an inoperable tumor?"

Holly and Lexie's eyes widened as they looked over, "It's Issac's tumor?"

"Oh, yeah, yeah, boo-hoo, okay?" Cristina waved her arms, "Who says it's inoperable?"

Derek pointed at the monitor as the scans showed up, "Cristina."

Holly's eyes sparkled as she saw the scan and Callie shook her head, "Oh, come on. It's all the way up to T-2."

"See," Mark shrugged, "this is why I got into plastics."

Holly nodded her head, "'Cause you're scared of a challenge."

Mark looked at her and scoffed, "Am not."

"Oh, that's gotta be..." Arizona trailed off, looking at the scan hopelessly.

All the doctors began to fire out recommendations on how to approach the tumor as Webber snuck up inside, frowning his eyebrows at the group, "Why aren't you all at your surgeries?" They all grew silent as they turned to face him, "Go, get to your O.R.s. Don't screw with my schedule on day one."

"Microsurgery is about precision." Derek announced to the room full of residents, all about to compete to try and get their way into the surgery, "The microscope changes your perspective radically. The hand-eye coordination required can be learned, but right now, I need naturals. Each one of you will get a chance to guide this pen through the hole in the cup." Derek walked up to the microscope and demonstrated, "The person who makes a mark closest to the President's nose and doesn't hit the side of the cup gets to scrub in." He showed them the dollar he made a mark on, "Who wants to go first?"