⇢ CHAPTER 66

season 9 episode 16

Holly paced around the waiting room as Arizona strategized what the group would present for the meeting before she frowned her eyebrows at what Jackson had told her on the phone, "Your mother?"

"Yes." Jackson sighed from the other line, "She's been telling me to go to Boston for a while and now... it's a lot worse."

"Because we all left." Holly concluded, taking a deep exhale before she nodded at Arizona and covered the speaker on her phone, "I'll talk about Neuro with Derek." She went back to speaking to Jackson, "Well, she's just worried for you--"

"She doesn't need to be--"

"She's your mother, Jackson." Holly reminded with a chuckle, "Whether you want her to or not, she's going to stress for you."

Jackson sighed again, "You're right... but I don't know what to do--"

"Holly," Derek waved over the redhead as the surgeons walked away with the receptionist, "let's go, it's time."

"Oh." Holly nodded, "Jackson, I--"

"Have to go?" Jackson exhaled, missing Holly more as time went on without seeing her for the entire morning and last night, "Um, yeah, okay."

Holly pursed her lips as she looked down at the floor and cleared her throat, "I-I'll call you back."

Jackson nodded although she could not see him, "Okay."

After a meeting with the junior executives and a long wait for a callback, Holly sat next to Meredith and Callie as she fidgeted the pen in her hand to calm her nerves and Arizona continued to sell their proposal, "This would restore Seattle Grace Mercy West as the region's leader in Adult and Pediatric Trauma Medicine." Arizona smiled, "Dr. Shepherd? Dr. Kepner?"

"Yeah," Derek nodded, "we'll lead the way in Neuroscience."

"A dedicated research institute for the advances of brain mapping," Holly added, "with applications to the treatment of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease--"

"May I stop you for a second?" A man from the executives side asked as he looked through the papers, "We would love to see a little bit more on the financials-- income statements, profit projections, cash flow..."

The surgeons smiled as if they knew the words flowing out of the others mouths and another man piled on, "Your allocation of revenue-- perspective payments for Ms-Drgs versus capitation income?"

The surgeons cleared their throat and stared at Stan, hoping and praying he had the papers in his folder before he nodded and confirmed their thoughts, "We've got all that..." He stood up and walked over to hand the folders to the executives, "right here."