⇢ CHAPTER 60

season 9 episode 9 & 10

THE RIGHT ONE

Jackson approached his friends in time to hear Holly's voice, "Hmm..." She released a heavy sigh, bringing his attention to her, "maybe."

"'Maybe'?" Jackson asked, leaning against the Nurse's station with crossed arms as he looked at April, Alex, Cristina, and Meredith for an answer, "What're you contemplating?"

"Getting a date for Bailey's wedding." Alex revealed as Holly stared at the floor, lost in thought.

"What--" Jackson immediately voiced in a loud volume before he lowered himself with a stammer, "I, uh, why?"

Holly innocently looked at Alex and April, "They're--"

April sighed, deciding to say the truth out loud to her friends since they all knew what happened that night before her boards, "I'm getting one because apparently the guy I slept with is very close friends with Warren and he's going to be at the wedding." She ran a hand through her hair, "I can't be seen alone."

"I'm doing it out of a pact for some guys I'm friends with in radiology." Alex answered with a shrug, "I'm not sure who my date is, but one of the guys are getting his date's friend as my date."

"And I didn't know we were going to have dates." Holly pouted, not wanting to be alone for the wedding since Meredith had Derek and Cristina surely had Owen, "And I don't even know who I'd go with."

"I'm, uh," Jackson waved, bringing her attention to him, "not going with anyone."

"Oh, great." Holly smiled as the others looked at the interaction with anticipation, "Then we'll both go alone."

The others facepalmed as Jackson blinked before a forced smile formed on his face and he nodded, "Y-Yeah, alone. Together."

"Did you find a date?" Derek asked, pressing a button on the elevator as Holly leaned against the back wall.

"Nope." Holly smiled, looking up at him, "I didn't need to."

"Oh?" Derek quirked an eyebrow, "Did Jackson--"

"Jackson doesn't have a date so we're both going alone." Holly revealed, making Derek release a chuckle.

"Oh, Holly." Derek facepalmed, making Holly squint at him in confusion.

"What?" She faced her body towards him as she folded her arms in front of her, "Am I missing something?"

"No." Derek shook his head, not wanting to reveal Jackson's feelings, "Nothing."

"Okay." Holly let out an unconvinced sigh as she faced forward, "Did Lizzie agree to giving you the nerve?"