⇢ CHAPTER 55

season 8 episode 24

Silence. That was the first thing that greeted Holly as she stared up at the blue sky in front of her. Blue skies used to bring comfort to Holly on the bad days-- she'd love to stare up at the sky and rest her head up, simply basking in the beauty of it all. 

She never thought her love for blue skies would fade as pain began to settle down on her side.

✈︎

Flipping the page of her magazine, Holly chuckled as she looked over to Lexie, who was gazing at Mark from a distance, "You're gonna burn holes in the back of his head."

"Oh, shush." Lexie nudged Holly, "Like you never did that to George-- or anyone else you've ever liked."

"I guess." Holly shrugged, mindlessly responding as she read, "But I don't think I ever burned holes in their skulls-- at least, not Jackson's."

"I--" Lexie's eyes flew over to Holly, "You liked Jackson?"

"Oh, crap." Holly's eyes widened as she moved them from the words on the magazine to Lexie's face, "I-I, uh," Holly nodded with a cringe, hating herself for speaking before thinking, "yeah, I like-- liked him." Holly corrected, her face turning red, "I liked him."

"When?" Lexie chuckled, turning to listen more about the crush, "Oh, my God," Lexie paled, "no--"

"Yeah." Holly cringed, knowing Lexie put two and two together.

"Holly," Lexie's face softened, regret coursing through her, "if I knew--"

"I know." Holly assured, "And you didn't-- but that's okay. I mean, yeah, it was kind of painful seeing you two suck face--"

"Holl--"

Holly snickered, "I'm fine now, seriously. There's no ill will towards any of you-- you didn't know, and that's fine. We're fine."

"Okay." Lexie sunk in her chair, "...Do you like him now?"

"I--" Holly frantically shook her head before gesturing at Mark, "Go back to staring at him, don't question me."

Lexie whispered, "Holly!"

"Shush." Holly demanded before admitting, "I don't know. My feelings are up in the air, flying around like birds and bats." Holly sighed, "I--"

"Holl--"

"--y... H-Holly..." Lexie weakly spoke, banging the seatbelt she held in her hand against the metal on top of her. Her eyes were planted on the redhead, who laid down on the hard ground a few feet away, "H-Holly..."

✈︎

The plane, Holly remembered, blinking hard as her eyes began to water from the pain in her side. Using one hand to bring herself up while the other ghosted her side, Holly's eyes widened once she saw a piece of glass sticking out of her side.