07

Jack, Will, and Catherine carefully snuck throughout the town of Port Royal, hiding from marching soldiers and regular townspeople. They thanked the heavens for the overwhelming greenery for them to hide in as they stuck up the island towards Catherine's home. Fortunately for them, the closer they go to her house, the less people were around for them to be seen by, but this didn't relax them much. They crouched behind bushed, staring at the large home before them.

"How are we going to get inside without being seen?" Will questioned, glancing at Catherine, looking past Jack who knelt down between them.

Catherine didn't need to think it over much before already speaking her answer. "Through the back, there's a secret door that only my parents and I know about on the side of the house." She pointed to the side of the house. "From there we creep through under the house and up a small stair case into my father's office."

The two men shared an impressed look at this news.

Jack raised a brow and a corner of his mouth. "Now I'm excited, I have always wanted to go through a secret passage. What fun!"

Catherine and Will stared at him. Catherine looking at him as if he was the biggest simpleton to ever walk the planet. Jack looked between then, stopping at her and questioning her gaze. She let out scoff and rolled her eyes. "Let's go." She breathed out, moving out from the greenery.

Both men followed after her, looking around the dirt road they crossed, quickly moving towards the side of Catherine's house. They curled around to the side, stopping before large grey squares that decorated at the bottom of the house, creating an aesthetically pleasing band. Catherine had the men halt before the third square. Sharing a look with them, she took one last glance around. Instantly, she turned back to the squares, pressing her hands on the grey surface. Her hands slide across the surface to the right, stopping just before the edge and pressing hard into it, a click sound echoing. The square door opened forward slowly, Catherine looked at her guest, pushing the door opening and waving them to fall inside. Jack slipped in first, then Will before Catherine glanced around one last time then slipped inside, shutting the door behind her. It was pitch black inside the small passage way.

"Now what?" Jack deadpanned. "Can't see a bloody thing in here."

"Would you shut it?" Catherine snapped, bending down to the ground. She moved her fingers around in the dark to grab on to a torch and two rocks on the ground. Quickly, she beat the rocks, creating a spark on to the torch. Fire blew, creating light in the passageway. "There we go, now you ladies can see." She commented sarcastically, making Jack give a small glare to her.

Will look at her with wide eyes, subtle look of betrayal laced in them. "Is there anything else you would care to tell me, your best friend, about that I don't already know?" Catherine glared at him, grabbing the bottom of her skirt as she began walking.

Jack angled his head to Will. "Seriously, what a woman, mate." He murmured his comment, sound slightly aroused by the amazement he witnessed.

The blacksmith ignored the pirate, looking ahead to Catherine. "When did this happen?" He questioned.

Catherine had he gaze remaining forward, holding the torch with one hand up in the air and her dress in the other. "When we were first building the house when I was a child. I suggested to my parents we have one in case of any sort of danger. Take last night, for example, it would have been a perfect way to escape or even to hide. Since we can all fight, why bother running and hiding?" She threw a glance over her shoulder at him before moving her gaze forward.

"Truly remarkable you are, Miss. Bailey." Jack commented.

She didn't need to see the smirk on his face to realize it was there, she heard it in his voice. "I know." Was all she said.