23

Catherine's throat was dry after finishing her long story, the entire truth of everything. Since she and Will had met Jack, Tortuga, the fake marriage, all of it.

Well...almost everything.

Elizabeth stared at the waves crashing at their feet. No words had been spoken since Catherine had finished speaking. She knew she had nothing to worry about, it was no where near as bad as Elizabeth's most recent decisions.

"My god," Elizabeth finally breathed out. "It seems like you had quite the adventure as well." A breathy laugh was released.

"I know." Catherine laughed as well, glancing down at knees pulled to her chest.

She felt her cousin look at her, hesitation on her face. "So you seemed to left out one part."

"Which is?"

"You and Jack." A knowing tone was there in her words.

Catherine could hear the teasing smile growing on her cousin's face. She couldn't help but chuckle herself, shaking her head. "There is nothing there," she looked to Elizabeth, "even if there was, there wouldn't be when we returned home." A small pit of sadness washed over her, making her look away, hoping her face wouldn't give away anything.

"Is that what you want?"

Catherine snapped her head back to her cousin, looking at her with wide eyes. "What do you mean?" She hoped she didn't know what she was talking about.

Elizabeth turned to face her cousin, "Is that what you want? To return to Port Royal without Jack?"

A nervous laugh came from Catherine. "Yes, I have no attractions for him. Why would I want to return to Port Royal with him?" The words felt bitter on her tongue.

It was just a reaction.

"Are you sure?" Elizabeth questioned softly, tilting her chin down to look deeper at her cousin.

Catherine looked at her, holding her gaze, pausing. She took in and let out a deep breath, "Yes." Looking away, she couldn't tell if she was sure. What did she want?

Suddenly white captured Catherine's eye making her look out on to the horizon.

It was white sails.

"Oh my god, Lizzy," Catherine slowly breathed out, raising to her feet. "Look!" She pointed to the ship that was sailing straight for the island.

Elizabeth looked out, letting out a small gasp. "Oh my god."

Catherine looked at the track of footsteps in the sand. "We have to go tell Jack." The last thing she needed was the pirate she wanted to either punch or kiss to be left behind.

Hands cupped her shoulders, followed by Elizabeth's voice behind her ear. "Go get him."

Looking back, she let out a huff, rolling her eyes, before marching down the shoreline. Jack was in a reasonable amount of distance from them. She squinted her eyes, barely making out that he was walking back towards her. He must have seen the sails as well.

The two approached each other, standing a few feet a part.

"I was just coming to tell you about the sails." Catherine said dully, a hint of awkwardness in her voice.

Jack nodded, looking out to sea once more. "Forgive me for pointing my pistol at Miss Swann." He said quietly.

Catherine gave a deep nod, awkwardly looking around, "You were upset. Forgive me about the...rum." She wasn't sorry about it at the slightest, it was their reason for why they were about to get off the island.