35

Deja vu isn't something Catherine experiences much of.

But as her body plummeted into the ocean's surface, feeling light and carefree, the sudden feeling washed over her body along with the bubbles that swirled against her.

She still wore a smile, breaking free from the surface, panting slightly. Peeling her eyes open, she came face-to-face with the man she risked it all for, the man she loved.

Jack panted, looking at Catherine with a gentle adoration that almost made him look like he couldn't believe she was actually there.

"You jumped."

"I did."

"For me."

"For you."

Their smiles mirrored one another, a purity of happiness shinning through them.

The pirate took the young woman by surprise, pulling her close to his chest. His hands held her waist, as her hands found his chest. Jack said nothing as he instantly connected his lips with hers, causing her to taste him mixed with the salty ocean.

Up his chest, she moved her arms around his neck deepening their kiss. Catherine felt like she was in one of her novels, living her happy ending after a long adventurous tale, just like the characters she had fallen in love with over the years. She could hardly believe it was real, that this was real, that Jack was real.

With a dying need of breath, the two parted, keeping their lips ghosting over the others. Jack pressed his forehead against Catherine soaking wet forehead. "I can't believe you did that back there. I rarely find myself impressed, and yet...you always seem to surprise me," He spoke softly, his arms now wrapped around her waist.

This made her smirk. "And there's still a lot left of me to surprise you with." She couldn't help but let out a breath-like laugh as Jack's lit up expression. 

"God, I am so in love with you," He breathed out, leaning in to kiss her once more.

Catherine giggled through the kiss, pulling away from him to look at him entirely. "So what do we do now?" She asked curiously, not sure where exactly the Pearl was.

Just in that moment, a voice from above shouted, "Sails ho!"

The two spun around in the water, eyes meeting the Black Pearl sailing. Catherine let out a gentle scoff in disbelief. She never thought she'd see the infamous ship ever again, let alone see Jack ever again.

Jack turned his head to her, "We swim." There was a brightness in his face that she couldn't quite explain its beauty of. Jack now seemed to be filled with happiness and ease, something she didn't see much of when they first sailed together.

Pulling apart, they both began to swim towards the Black Pearl. Catherine paused, looking back up at her cousin and best friend. She beamed to them as they held each other, smiling down at her. "Goodbye!" Catherine shouted, waving her hand up them.

Will and Elizabeth smiled, waving down to her.

At that moment, a melancholy feeling washed over Catherine, causing her hand and smile to slowly drop. This was it. This was the moment where she either stayed or left the only home she's ever known.

Blinking, she turned to look at Jack who stopped swimming as well, looking at her with a gentle gaze. "Are you ready, love?" He asked softly, understanding her sense of hesitation.

Catherine opened her mouth to speak but no words came out. Instead, her eyes trailed down to Jack's hand he stretched out to her. Throwing one last look over her shoulder, she looked back at the cliff that now was empty of individuals, before looking back to Jack.