Chapter Twenty-Three: Halloween🎃

~~
~~~Rebecca~~~
~~

It's already Friday.

Considering how the week began, I definitely expected this to feel like the longest week of my life. I'm glad it's coming to an end though. Rehearsals for the competition Sunday evening have made it impossible for me to focus on anything else. I've even had to ask for extensions on book reports, essays, and speeches for classes to keep my grades from slipping.

Soccer has been just as much of a priority to Cameron as dance has been for me. Aside from classes, the only time I catch sight of him is down on the field with the rest of the man-whores. I thought it would be weird only texting with him after what he shared about his Aunt, but it isn't. Being so busy is helping me give him the space he needs that Patrick suggested. It's also been refreshing for me since we've nearly spent every day together since we started dating.

"Rebecca!" Brielle shouts from my living room in such alarm that I quickly rush to her side. Her waterfall of curls flips over a shoulder as she turns to me with a look of shock. "Either someone's hacked into your computer, or you don't know how to clear your search history."

Oh, shit.

Glancing at my laptop screen, I inwardly groan when I see she's pulled up some of the articles I've been reading that give advice to virgins about sex. She could have found worse things.

"Why are you snooping?" I ask, attempting to redirect the conversation.

"I wasn't," she laughs. "This came up as soon as I opened your internet browser, Silly."

Crap.

Surrendering, I flop down on the couch and set a pillow on my lap. "Don't you ever get curious about--" I trail off, awkwardly waving my hand in the direction of my laptop.

"Yeah, all the time," she confesses, lightly blushing. "I don't leave behind evidence though. I'm surprised that you do. I mean, have you met your parents?"

They're never here long enough for me to think about clearing my history. Still, it's better to be safe than sorry. I'm already playing a risky game dating Cameron behind their backs. Who knew my Senior year would turn me into such a secret keeper?

"Show me," I beg, and she gives me a quick tutorial on how to wipe away the countless searches I've made on my browser. Of course, in being thorough she discovers my porn stash as well. I actually the palm of my hand against my face.

"You're acting like I haven't been the one you've confessed your sins to before," she chuckles, shaking her head with amusement sparkling in her eyes. "I watch, too, remember? I'm just jealous now because you actually have someone you can do things with." Cupping a hand over her mouth, she gasps. "Have you guys done things?"

She's well aware that we kiss and make-out, but I try to spare her of other details.

"Yes," I murmur, feeling a warmth rise up my neck. Her eyes widen in curiosity, and when she mirrors the way I'm sitting I realize the details are exactly what she's asking for. It takes me a while to build up courage to talk about it and even though it's nothing crazy, it really dawns on me how difficult it must have been for Cameron to open up to me about the things his Aunt did.

Inspired by his vulnerability, I decide to drop my guards and tell her everything from my first experiences with him at the drive-in movie, the creek behind our homes, in front of his friends during a movie, in the school closet, at his house in the guest room, the time he slept over because he was trapped in my house, and conclude with what we did in his car after the day at the mall.