Chapter One: Clumsy

~~
~~~Rebecca~~~
~~

"Hey, watch where you're going!" a girl shouts at me after I bump into one of her shoulders, only to then push at my backpack in case her words aren't enough to get my attention.

I was just so focused reading over my schedule and trying to remember where my next classes are that I didn't see her.

Quickly whipping around to offer an apology, I stop when I see who it is.

Skylar.

She used to be on my dance team until she decided to join the cheerleaders to gain popularity, something quite cherished here at Birchwood, but we've never been friends and I don't care for her attitude.

"It was an accident, grow up," I retort, and don't bother to give her a second more of my time as I continue down the hall.

"Get back here and apologize!" she fumes, and I can hear her getting closer.

Picking up my pace, I turn a corner in time to smack into an unusually soft, but firm wall.

Frowning, I glance up and meet a pair of bright, bottle green eyes that belong to none other than Patrick Coppola, who the school voted last year as being most likely to start and finish a fist fight.

He's also a notorious member of a group of guys from the soccer team that my best friend and I call, man-whores, and boys we try to stay as far away from as humanly possible.

They're nothing but trouble.

"Sorry!" I quickly back away from him even though he hasn't said anything, and he doesn't even get a chance to before Skylar grabs my shoulders, turning me to knock my books out of my hands.

"What are you, sexist?" she scowls. "If you can apologize to him then you can apologize to me." Then she gazes past me and twirls strands of her neon-pink hair around a finger. "Hi, Pat," she blushes.

Seriously?

"What are you wanting an apology for?" he questions her. "Looks to me like you're the one knocking people's shit on the floor like this is middle school."

My heart seizes.

Did he just stand up for me?

"She pushed me!" Sklyar exclaims, and her fellow cheerleaders nod to support her lie.

"No, I didn't," I glare at her as I squat to pick up my scattered papers, binders, and textbooks. "You're just being a--" I trail off, knowing if I cuss her out it'll only escalate the situation.

"A what? Finish!" she dares me.

"A bitch, attention whore, and pathetic attempt of a bully," Jack Hesse, another man-whore chimes in as he walks around from the other side of Patrick. "Get over yourself, Skylar. Let's go, Pat."

I can't resist the urge to look up at them.

Patrick stands at a height of 6"2 with dirty blond hair, stunning green eyes, a toned muscular build, symmetrical facial features, tanned skin, and wearing a cologne that made my knees weak.

On the other hand, Jack is 6"0 and more lean than his friend although his slim figure is just as sturdy and threatening. He has longer, light brown hair and caramel eyes that typically remain cold, and icy rather than warm. His skin is slightly pale which makes the dark ink of his tattoos stand out when he chooses to expose them.

In short, they're dangerously attractive and it's not fair because they're just as bad as Skylar when it comes to being a jerk and bully. If she had a pair of balls she would probably join their man-whoring brigade.