Chapter Twelve: Who You're Dating

++
+++Cameron+++
++

Oh, no, my arm is numb and tingling. I don't want to wake her up but it kind of hurts.

Shit.

"Hey," I whisper when she stirs in her sleep, but her eyes remain pinched shut and lips slightly parted.

She's tucked herself between the back of the couch and my right side, cutting off the circulation from my shoulder down.

"Rebecca."

I only added a little more base to my voice but she jumps, sitting up so quick she drives a knee into my crotch which leaves me groaning and clutching my balls as I roll, dragging us to the floor with a thud.

"Ow," I murmur into the carpet, my crotch simultaneously throbbing and stinging.

"I'm so sorry!" she exclaims, unraveling herself from the blanket and my legs before crawling up to see my face. "Should I get you an ice pack or something? I--" she trails off, setting a hand on her forehead.

I'll be fine in a few minutes but she seems so concerned that I nod anyway.

"Here," she returns a moment later with a sac of ice that I settle between my legs before releasing a heavy sigh. "I'm really sorry, I didn't think you were still here. You scared the hell out of me," she blushes, her eyes a little puffy from just waking up.

Her words remind me that I'm the first guys she's ever woken up to.

"It's okay," I chuckle, rolling onto my back and she nods before grabbing her phone and then squealing.

"I overslept! I've gotta get ready for my dance competition!"

I must've been pretty comfortable.

Before I can utter a word, she takes off up the stairs and then back down before I can no longer follow the sound of her stomping feet.

This is a test. It has to be.

Why else would she shower in the guest room on the main floor of her house and leave the door open?

Does she think I'm weak or some kind of peeping-Tom like her? She wouldn't be entirely wrong, but I'm offended she would think so little of me.

Still, what am I supposed to do, just keep sitting at her kitchen counter staring at the door until she comes out? Maybe this is an invitation. It's possible she want me to be in there with her, lathering her smooth skin in--

"I'm so excited," she chirps, making me flinch as she comes floating from the guest room dressed in some kind of one-piece, black outfit that exposes her long legs except for a see-through, skirt-like train that stops just above her ankles.

Her wavy hair is pulled into a high ponytail and brings a fierceness to her look with the help of black makeup around her eyes. As she glides by me, I can't help but to both admire and feel envious of the way her costume is hugging her curves.

"What?" she asks, stopping at her refrigerator and tilting her head in concern because I'm glaring at her. "Are you still in pain?"

"No, I'm just trying to figure out why you're tempting me so much."

Her eyebrows furrow.

"Tempting you how? With like-- my outfit?"

So she wants to play innocent, huh?

"The outfit, the shower--," trailing off, I make my way over to her, not breaking eye contact as I pin her between myself and a countertop. "You do remember who you're dating, right?"