Chapter Two

"Okay, get out. We'll see you in a year," Mom evilly smirked. Right now, I was at the airport, about to go to California. I was not looking forward to this. As soon as I got out of their car, they sped off, not even saying 'bye' or 'I love you.'

During the flight, I did nothing but sat there and read books. It was the only way to pass time, and I packed some of my favorite books. After a long four hour flight, it was twelve o'clock midnight in Los Angeles.

That means that it was 3:00 in the morning in Georgia. I knew it was going to take some time to get used to the awful time zones. The taxi pulled up to the address that my parents told me.

Not going to lie, I was kind of nervous about staying with a guy I had never met before. My nerves started to get the best of me when a guy opened the door with a cheerful smile.

"Hello, you must be Hallie. It's so nice to meet you. I'm Calum," He ushered me inside. Three other guys were also standing there with the same facial expression that Calum had.

"These are my best friends and roommates, Michael, Ashton, and Luke. We're so excited to have you living with us," They practically bounced in excitement.

"Oh, when I found out I was staying here, my parents didn't mention any roommates," I spoke slowly. Did they even know?

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that. It all kid of happened really fast, and I probably forgot to mention it. I did put it on the application, though. I realize that Georgia is three hours ahead of us, so you must be exhausted. I'll show you your room to get some sleep and we can talk more in the morning."

We got to my room, and I was shocked. It was three times the size of my old bedroom. It even had its own bathroom and walk-in closet.

"I hope you like your room. We didn't decorate it because we didn't really know what you liked, but we can always buy decorations and stuff. If you need anything, don't hesitate to wake us up or tell us, we honestly don't mind," He smiled.

He said a quick 'good night' and left, leaving me and my thoughts. I ignored all of them, trying to stay awake. I wasn't comfortable with sleeping in a house with four guys that I didn't know.

Against my will to stay awake, the soft mattress beneath me was lulling me to sleep. It was the most comfortable mattress I probably ever had.

I woke up to my alarm, which in my opinion, was the most annoying noise ever. I took a quick shower, feeling the comfort of the hot water. The total opposite of my house, which only had cold water.

When I went downstairs, Ashton was cooking breakfast. The others were sitting at the table and looking at their computer or drinking their coffee.

Michael was the first to notice me.

"Good morning Hallie, how was your sleep?" He asked.

Truthfully, it was the best sleep I'd had in years, but my alarm just had to ruin it.

"Uh, good," I said, awkwardly standing there. There was no way that this could get anymore awkward than it already was.

"Here, come sit. Breakfast is almost ready," Calum said.

"So, lets talk about a few things," He said as I sat down. "So, as you know, you'll be attending Los Angeles academy of the arts. Today, we're going to go school shopping for you, as you will start on Thursday."

"Wait, academy of the arts? I'm not talented, why am I going there?" I asked. They just shrugged.

"Your old school thought it would be perfect for you, and you got a full ride scholarship to go there. They said you had many talents and your parents filled out the application for you. That's all we know," Ashton finished for Calum, bringing the plates to the table.

So many things were changing.