Chapter Twenty-Three

Calum's POV

"Hallie, you're going to hurt yourself if you don't stop doing that," I told the teenage girl as she kept doing flips on the trampoline.

"Calum, relax," She said, doing another cartwheel.

"Hallie, I tell you these things to keep you safe, not to ruin your fun." I helped her off of the trampoline, walking with her to the house.

"Awesome flips out there," Michael high-fived Hallie.

"Michael, don't encourage her after I just told her no. You're an orthopedist. She could literally break a bone, you would have to end up treating it, and then it wouldn't be so awesome anymore."

"Yeah Hallie, that was so dangerous!" Michael agreed with Calum, trying to make him happy.

***************************************

I felt myself floating in mid air as I was sleeping.

Wait what?

Opening my eyes, I saw that Michael was carrying me downstairs, before I felt him set me down on a chair at the kitchen table.

"Michael, what have I told you about doing that to people?" Ashton's voice rang through the kitchen as he set the breakfast on the table.

I groaned and laid my head on the table, feeling myself drifting back to sleep.

Well, until Calum started rubbing my back.

"Hallie, don't fall asleep yet," He laughed.

"I'm so tired," I whined.

"Well if you wouldn't have forced me to watch those seven episodes of Glee, then you wouldn't be so tired."

"Calum, it was a good idea at first."

"Well c'mon, we're going grocery store. Michael and Ashton's girlfriend are coming over for dinner."

It was official. Kaykay and Ashton were together after a long couple of weeks of trying to help Ashton learn how to talk the girls. Apparently Michael and Crystal had me a couple of years ago, and tonight I was going to meet both of them.

We walked around the grocery store, Calum basically grabbing whatever he saw.

"Calum, you can't just walk around and grab whatever brand of food you need. You have to give yourself a budget, choose the quality brand, and make sure that it's the right thing."

"Nah, that's what fancy people do. I think any brand will work."

"Okay, but you might want to get the spaghetti sauce instead of the marinara." He froze, checking the label on the sauce. He groaned before going to get the spaghetti sauce.

Calum was looking at something behind me while someone hugged me from behind. Niall.

"Hi," He breathed.

"Hello," I brightly smiled.

After talking with Niall, we were in the car, sitting in traffic.

"So you and Niall. What's going on there?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh c'mon. The blushing, hugging, shameless flirting." I slapped his arm.

"There is no shameless flirting. I don't know what you think you are suggesting," I avoided eye contact, looking out the window.

"You know very well what I'm suggesting. I see the way you and Niall look at each other. I saw it the minute he walked in during your doctors' appointment."

------------------------------------------

Dinner was awkward for me.

Did I mention that I'm socially awkward?

Don't get me wrong- Kaykay and Crystal were super sweet. They kept trying to make conversation with me, and I talked with them, but it was super awkward.

That's how I ended up sitting at the table, silently eating and nodding as if I was paying attention.

I wasn't.

"So Hallie, do you have a boyfriend?" Crystal asked, making me get choked on my food, Michael patting my back for support.

Why was everyone concerned about my love life?

"Uh, no."

"Oh c'mon there has to be someone that was your boyfriend or you dated. You're super cute." Kaykay chimed in.

"Well, there was one guy, Carson. We went out for a month but I broke up with him because of some reasons," I told them. Yep, you're probably shocked at that piece of information, so let me rewind.

After the day he sat down with me in the library, we were practically inseparable.

He wasn't the bad boy that everyone knew him as. Carson was actually really sweet. He understood the fact that I didn't like being around the students.

I was the fool in our relationship.

I got freaked out, and broke up with him. Somehow, he understood. He was so understanding, yet I never gave him a chance.

Kaykay cleared her throat, sensing that it was a sore topic.

They started talking about some random thing. For some reason, there was a pang in my heart. I was so stupid for breaking up with him.

I was so stupid.

I REALLY WANTED TO HAVE MULTIPLE UPDATES TODAY, BUT YOU KNOW HOW SCHOOL IS. COMMENT HOW YOUR DAY IS GOING.

IT IS YOUR CHANCE TO ASK THE CHARACTERS SOMETHING:

HALLIE:

CALUM:

ASHTON:

LUKE:

MICHAEL:

NIALL:

LOUIS:

LIAM:

ZAYN:

HARRY:

CARSON:

HALLIE'S PARENTS:

CRYSTAL:

KAYKAY:

AUTHOR (me):

XOXO, HAVE A GREAT NIGHT, AND I HOPE YOU ALL GET A GOOD, PEACEFUL, NIGHT OF SLEEP!

VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW.