Chapter Twenty-Six

Hallie's POV

"Hallie, you have to let me check your leg," Michael said.

"No," I whined. After a lot of persuasion from all four of the boys and Niall, Michael was finally checking my leg, much to my disappointment.

Calum's POV

"Um, Calum, we may have a slight problem," Michael said as he got an x ray of Hallie's broken leg and fractured pelvis.

"The pelvis is out of line with the hip joint, making her legs uneven. That's why Hallie's in so much pain. I think we're going to need surgery. If we try to pop it back into place, not only will it put Hallie into a lot of added pain, it could also mess something else up."

(I don't know if this stuff is true, I just made it up lol)

"You know that Hallie is going to absolutely freak out when we tell her."

"Yeah, so that's why we're going to ease into the conversation."

"Hallie, there's something we need to talk to you about." Hallie developed an uneasy look on her face.

"What? What is it?"

"So the pelvis is out of line with the hip joint, which means your hips aren't in line. I think you're going to need surgery."

"Why can't you just pop it back into place?" Hallie asked with a worried tone.

"Because it will most likely mess another joint or something up if I just pop it back into place. Your surgery will be tomorrow morning. I want it as soon as possible," Michael said.

I could tell that she was freaking out internally, so I grabbed her hand, squeezing it.

"Relax. Everything's going to be alright. Michael has done a million leg surgeries. I promise that everything's going to be okay."

"Here's the itinerary. No eating or drinking after midnight. Your surgery is going to be at 8am. We're going to go to the sanitation station and then the O.R. By that point, Luke and Calum will have you all medicated up. I think it's going to be around a two-hour surgery," Michael explained.