Chapter Twenty-Four

Kaykay and Crystal were sitting in my room. They decided to spend the night, insisting that we have a girls night. We were doing face masks.

"So, do these cucumbers even do anything?" I asked.

"No, it's just for fun. This is our spa night. Usually it's just Kaykay and I, but now we have a new best friend to do it with."

"So you don't have to tell us, but why did you break up with Carson?"

"I guess, things were moving so fast. My mind started to get overwhelmed at the amount of commitment that it was, and I got scared. I broke up with him about a day before Niall saw me at the coffee shop."

"Speaking of Niall, the boys are always telling us that there's something going on between the two of you. In Calum's words, it's-" I cut Kaykay off.

"I know, blushing, hugging, and shameless flirting. This isn't the first I've heard of it. We're not flirting, I know of it."

"Do you even know the definition of flirting?"

"Uh, giving stupid pick-up lines?!"

"No, I meant subtle flirting. Calum said that Niall is one that listens to everything you say, and apparently you flirtatiously flip you hair. He rubs the back of his neck and is sincere," Crystal began to list signs that someone is flirting with you.

I then realized,

Niall and I were flirting with each other. Well, I was unknowingly flirting with him, but I didn't know if he knew that he was doing it.

"See, you know that it's happening. So, we're going to help you," Kaykay said with a smile.

"No, this cannot happen. Niall is pediatrician and is one of the boys' best friends. Besides, we're six years apart, and I'm not even eighteen."

"Age is just a number."

"Yeah, Calum said he'd be cool with it, as long as Niall didn't hurt you."

"But that's just the thing, I'm not worried about Niall hurting me. I'm worried about me hurting Niall. That's what happened in my last relationship," I told them.

"Carson was understanding, but he didn't show up to school for a week afterwards. When he did, he had bags under his eyes and his hair was a mess. I can't hurt another person like that again. Then Carson saw me and Niall in the coffee shop, and he looked upset."

(I'm sorry if that part doesn't line up with time and stuff. I didn't mention that Carson looked upset in that part, I just sort of got the idea. Don't worry, I'll edit this story when I get finished)

"Okay, but that's in the past. The boys are always telling us about how you've come a long way since you started going to therapy and all of that stuff. It's time for a fresh start."

"So?"

"I just texted Niall from your phone, asking if he wanted to go out on Friday night. Your welcome," Kaykay flipped her hair.

"No, why would you do that?" I grabbed my phone from her.

"Whoops, my thumb accidentally slipped and I pressed the send button," She lied. As I sat there, planning ways to murder them, my phone vibrated.

"Niall said yes."

Suddenly, all the anger I had, slipped away. I couldn't tell what this feeling was. I had never had it when I was dating Carson.

Was I excited?

Yes.

Was I nervous?

Absolutely.

SO, NIALL AND HALLIE ARE HAVING A DATE, FINALLY, AFTER LIKE A MILLION YEARS. WHAT DO YOU THINK'S GOING TO HAPPEN.

I'M REALLY SORRY IF SOME OF THE PLOTS AND TIMES DON'T LINE UP, I DON'T DO A LOT OF PLANNING. ALSO, I HAVE SOME REALLY GREAT IDEAS FOR ANOTHER STORY, BUT AM TRYING TO REFRAIN FROM MAKING ANOTHER ONE.

I WANT TO FINISH THIS ONE BEFORE I START ON ANOTHER ONE.

XOXO, L.