Chapter Twenty

Hallie was an emotional mess as I drove to the rental house. She crying so hard, but trying to force herself to stop. Well, I knew she was going to get a good sleep tonight.

Hallie could barely walk to the door as we got home.

The guys turned when they saw Hallie crying.

"Hallie, what in the world?" Niall pulled her into a hug. All of the guys ran to her, trying to figure out what was happened.

"Guys, don't crowd around her." We sat down in the living room, Hallie telling us the truth about her past, the bullying, and how we called the police. We just let her talk through her feelings, listening to everything.

Most of the guys' in the room had tears in their eyes. Including Zayn, which was kind of funny, but it wasn't the right time to laugh.

"So what's going to happen now?" She asked.

"Well do you have any other relatives?"

"No. I had my uncle, he was really nice and tried to help me escape. My Dad found out about it and killed him right in front of me," She said.

Gosh, the things that this girl had been through.

"Sweetheart, how would you feel about me adopting you? I mean, it's not the worst idea. It would be just like two years ago, except you wouldn't be staying for just a year." I offered.

"No, that'll cost you so much money."

"Baby, you're going to be living on a surgeon's salary. You could benefit so much from this. Besides, we'll be there too," Ashton smiled.

"Hallie, let us do this. We love you so much," Hallie started to tear up.

"It's been so long since someone has said that to me," All nine of us brought Hallie into a group hug.

"So I assume that's a yes." Hallie thought about it.

"Eh, what the heck? She gave in, making all of us cheer.

"You can come spend the night with us when they get annoying," Louis said, making all of us laugh. It was settled, yet we needed to get a court date and other stuff.

******************************************************

ONE MONTH LATER: (sorry for the time skip)

One month has passed, and we were having a celebration party. We were back in California now, which got confusing with the paperwork.

After one long month of paperwork, home inspections, and court dates, Hallie was officially my daughter. I was so freaking happy.

Hallie was trying to blow a balloon, me coming behind her and picking her up. This action made her jump and squeal.

"You're not supposed to do it like that," I laughed at the positioning of the balloon, me doing it for her. She just pouted when I gave her the inflated balloon.

Hallie had some therapy sessions Luke, and things were starting to get better. Happiness was growing each and every day. I was really worried when she was going to be going back to LAA, that she was going to have a big setback.

This was refreshing, seeing Hallie so happy.

This was the calm before the storm, though.

WHAT DO YOU THINK CALUM MEANT? THINGS ARE STARTING TO GET MORE INTERESTING. THIS BOOK SHOULD HACE FORTY SOMETHING CHAPTERS, BUT A SEQUEL IS DEFINITELY POSSIBLE.

I LOVE Y'ALL SO MUCH!

XOXO, L.