Chapter Fifteen

I had no idea what happened last night, but since then, Hallie has been more closed off than ever. She only mumbled one word to us.

My phone started to ring, showing an unknown caller.

"Hello?" I said.

"I want my daughter back," A man said into the phone.

"I'm sorry, but who is this?" I asked.

"Hallie's father. Her mother and I have decided that we want our daughter back. We miss her terribly," His voice sounded like he didn't mean at all what he had said.

Out of the three months that I've known Hallie, I haven't spoke to her parents.

Well, until now.

"Um, I'm supposed to have her for six more months," I said. Why were they calling me now?

"Yes, but the contract clearly states that we can get her back whenever we felt like. It's settled, we've bought her a plane ticket for Wednesday," He said, before hanging up.

What just happened?

Then reality hit me. Hallie was going back to Georgia. I knew that at some point, Hallie was going to go back, but I didn't think it would be now. I didn't know what to do or say, or even how to tell everyone this.

"Everyone, family meeting!" I yelled. They all came down, including Hallie. I was going to have to break the news to them.

"Um, so I just got a call from Hallie's Dad," I started, seeing Hallie look up in shock. "Apparently, your parents want you to come back to Georgia on Wednesday. They said that they missed you very much," Hallie looked at her shoes.

"Okay," Hallie shrugged, going upstairs.

The guys had looks of shock on their faces, as well.

How was she so calm? Well, I can't be selfish, after all, it is her parents. She must miss them like they miss her.

There was still a week until Wednesday, so we all decided to take off from work, to spend time with Hallie. Hallie didn't act as if she was affected from this, but she acted quieter than usual.

Wednesday:

The day came sooner than expected. Next thing I knew, we were sitting in the airport, waiting for Hallie's plane.

All of us were super upset. We all tried not to show it, knowing it would make Hallie upset.

My heart was aching.

She was like a daughter to me, and I loved her. What did you expect?

The flight got called, and I felt my heart rip into pieces. Hallie stood up with an emotionless facial expression.

I pulled her in the biggest hug, feeling like crap. I knew this day was going to come at some point, little did I think it would be this soon. All five of us shared a group hug, and I could've sworn that I saw tears in her eyes.

******************************

Hallie's POV

My phone vibrated, seeing it was from my parents.

Mom: You're coming back home on Wednesday.

Just that one text message made me want to cry and scream.

A day later, Calum called us into a family meeting, telling me the same news.

It's only been three months. Why the heck would they want me back? They always did everything in their power to try and get me away from them.

They literally signed me up for the domestic exchange program to get me away from them. As we shared a group hug, my heart was pounding in my chest.

That's when I realized something.

They didn't keep me out of pity. They didn't pity me at all.

They really did care.

They really loved me.

And it took me until now to figure it out.

DRAMA MAMA LOL, WHY AM I LIKE THIS?

THIS WAS ALSO A SAD CHAPTER FOR ME TO WRITE. SO, WHY DO Y'ALL THINK THAT HALLIE'S PARENTS WANT HER BACK? HOW IS NIALL GOING TO REACT TO HALLIE LEAVING? THERE'S MORE DRAMA COMING SOON!

WARNING: MAJOR TIMESKIP IN THE NEXT CHAPTER ;)

VOTE. FOLLOW. COMMENT. DM ME.

XOXO, L.