Chapter Eighteen

"Why would she say that to you?" Michael asked. All nine of us were sitting in the living room, me telling them what Hallie said to me.

"I don't know. She's really changed," I told them.

"Well she was such a sweet girl, but that was two years ago. You have to remember that she had something going on, and wouldn't tell us anything. In all my years of being a therapist, I've noticed that kids try to avoid anything that reminds them of their past," Luke said.

"We should've helped her when we had the chance," Michael mumbled.

"Yeah," I agreed.

"Guys, stop moping around and feeling sorry for yourself. Moping isn't going to help Hallie. Sure, we missed the first opportunity to help her, but we're given another chance. We're going to be in Georgia for a month, so I suggest that you do something about it," Ashton sassily said.

That's when my plan was executed.

-------------------------------------

Hallie's POV

A part of me felt guilty for the things I said to Calum. Every time I saw him, I was reminded of everything in my past.

He needed to know that I've changed.

I'm not the small helpless girl anymore.

In reality, I really missed all of them. That was the one place that I felt I was home. It was the one place that I felt safe and cared for. I regretted not talking to them, yet I was scared of the outcome.

I was scared at how they'd act.

I was walking to the grocery store, seeing a middle aged man staring at me with a creepy smile. Okay then. I started to walk faster, feeling him grab my wrist.

"Where you going, sweet thing?" He asked.

I kneed him where the sun doesn't shine, him doubling over in pain. I quickly took that opportunity to run. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him running after me, causing me to run faster than I had ever before.

There was some problems with this.

I wasn't a fast runner and the pouring rain was blocking my vision.

I ran into someone, the impact making me fall to the ground.

It was Calum. My legs were aching and I was heavily panting.

"Honey, calm down," He laughed, until he saw the man that was running after me. Then, he realized why I was running. When the man saw Calum, he ran off.

"Who was that?!" He asked with a worried expression.

"Just a creepy man," I said.

"Why are you walking all alone in the pouring rain?"

"Because I'm going to the grocery store."

"C'mon, I'll take you to the grocery store, and then I'll take you home."

"I don't need anymore help from you," I tried to walk away, yet he stopped me. I saw a look of hurt on his face, but I tried to ignore it. I felt so bad, but I couldn't tangle him in my web of problems.

"Hallie, I have no idea what happened after you left, but please just let me help you this once. I promise that you'll never have to speak to me again if you would just open up. I can help," He said.

"No you can't. Nobody can help me."

He took my hand into his.

"Hallie, I can help you. You have so many people who care about you, and want to see you happy. Think about the last time you were genuinely happy."

We got into his car, him driving to the grocery store.

"That night on the trampoline," I said. He gave me a confused look. "That was the last time I was genuinely happy. When we had that slumber party on the trampoline."

CALUM IS GETTING SO CLOSE TO LEARNING ABOUT HALLIE'S PAST. HOW MANY CHAPTERS DO Y'ALL THINK IT WILL TAKE TO CRACK HALLIE? GUYS, THIS CHAPTER HAS ME SO PUMPED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER.

HAPPY SATURDAY! I HOPE TODAY'S AWESOME. IF YOU'RE NOT, JUST TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND THINK ABOUT SOMETHING THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY.

XOXO, L.