Chapter Sixteen

TWO YEARS LATER:

It's been three years since I lived with Calum.

I sat in my secret spot in the library. The one I had desperately missed when I started going to LAA. I was reading "Monster," soaking every word like a sponge.

I could really relate to this book. It was like it was written about me.

"Hey, that's the book I was reading," A guy said. I looked up, seeing Carson Sanchez. The bad boy of the school. Multiple rumors had been made about him, and I found him kind of scary.

"Um, it was sitting on the shelf," I mumbled.

"Yeah, that's because the librarian doesn't trust me enough to let me take a book out of the library. She's worried that I'm going to ruin her books," He laughed.

His laugh is cute.

"I'm Carson," He sat down next to me.

"Uh, Hallie."

"What page are you on?"

"Almost to part three," I said.

"I'm at that part. Do you mind if we read together? I've read this book a million times," He ran a hand through his hair.

Dang, that's kind of hot.

Stop Hallie, you're not supposed to be thinking this way.

That's how we spent the lunch period reading. There was a part of me, thinking maybe Carson wasn't the scary and intimidating person that everyone made him out to be.

I, of all people, should know not to believe what people say about other people, considering a lot of untrue things have been said about me.

It was an extremely cold day, so I decided to stop by the coffee shop that was down the block. Also, I was avoiding going to my house for as long as I could.

My house wasn't my home.

It never was, and will never be.

"Hi, can I get a caramel macchiato, please?" I gasped, hearing the familiar voice through the coffee shop. Niall.

What was he doing here?

He turned around, hearing me gasp. He had the same look of shock that I held on my face.

"Hallie?"

THIS WAS MUCH OF NOTHING. I REWROTE CHAPTER 16 SO MANY TIMES, AND WANTED TO BE DONE WITH IT, SO I'M SORRY IF YOU'RE DISAPPOINTED OR SOMETHING.

ONLY 374 WORDS.

REALLY, WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE MORE UPDATES AND SHORTER CHAPTERS, OR LONGER CHAPTERS AND ME NEVER UPDATING AT ALL?

#NOTTHEBESTDAYEVER

XOXO, L.