Did You Miss Me? (4)

After seeing his dad again, Mitch decided to walk home as his apartment was only a short walk from his father's house. It was the middle of the day and the sun shone brightly on the warm spring day. Just to be on the safe side, Mitch decided to wear a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses and a base ball cap.

(A/N like this but with the baseball cap on forwards)

He didn't want to risk people recognising him and for the news to start spreading around town. His apartment block came into view, it was small with only 4 stories but with a flat on the second floor and a tree near his bedroom window, it was very useful if he needed to make a quick exit. The apartment was provided by the Agency and in the bookcase there was a book that would pull out to reveal a small room behind it. It was stocked with guns, knives, grenades and other weapons that Mitch could use. It also had a punching bag hung in the middle of the room to help Mitch with his training and keeping up his strength.

He quickly popped his thumb on the scanner for the front door, the entire block had been emptied out for Mitch, as this lowered the security risk. The door opened with a small beep and Mitch entered. He made his way up the flight of stairs until he got to his apartment and unlocked the door. For extra security into his apartment, the door unlocked with a retinal scan and voice activation. It was like this because when a previous agent had been on a mission, the enemy had just cut off their thumb and used it to open the doors. Once Mitch had gotten changed into something more comfortable, he settled in front of a punching bag and started his 2 hours of training and exercise, he had to keep his body in peak condition if he was going to be going against The Demon.

Time skip to the following morning

Mitch lay in bed as he let out a sigh of content as he listened to the birds chirping in the tree outside of his window. The sunlight filtering through the blinds left golden lines dancing around his room. He rubbed his eyes and stretched his arms over his head and he got out of bed.

He had a good nights sleep managing 5 hours which was something that didn't happen often. Ever since the incident with the nogitsune, his dreams became nightmares and his new job killing people didn't really help. However, if you asked him if he would change how he lived now, he would just say no. He enjoyed the adrenaline rush that being an assassin came with, he enjoyed no longer being weak, skinny and defenceless and most of all he enjoyed punishing the bastards who tried to ruin people's lives. Like they had ruined his by killing Katrina.

He had a small cup of black coffee and a piece of toast with butter on. Mitch went into the bathroom and cleaned his teeth and pulled a comb through his hair when he then heard the sound of a vehicle outside. The blinds in the living room facing the street were partly opened so Mitch peeked through them and saw the black lorry that was transporting his car pull up outside. Mitch quickly got dressed into some navy blue jeans, a black long sleeved T-shirt and a charcoal grey jacket. As he shut the door to the apartment block, he noticed that the man driving the lorry had already began to pull the ramp out and unclip the car from its safety support inside the back of the lorry.