Chapter 6

Marinette's POV

We were in class, the last lesson of the day actually. And its going pretty well. "You haven't had any group assessment recently so, I'll be giving you right now" The teacher said and they all groaned except a few. "The scores would be on your final report" She continued. "And now, the groups are..."

I wasn't really listening to the names she called until she called my name. "Marinette, Jon and Damian" She said and marinette smiled, at least she was with her newfound friends.

The three of them looked at each other, Jon and Marinette were smiling and Damian was amused. The class ended after a brief explanation of the work. We were packing our things when we discussed the work.

3rd Person POV

"Where should we do the group work?" Marinette questioned. "Well, it can't be mine, it isn't near here" Jon said and Damian nodded.

Jon looked at Damian and he looked back, knowing what Jon was implying. They were having a silence battle and Jon emerged victorious, he sighed in defeat.

"Fine, we can do it in my house." He said reluctantly and Marinette smiled. "Great, when should we do it?" She questioned. "Why not now?" Jon suggested.

She and Damian nodded. They walked outside and went to the limo waiting for Damian. He went inside, followed by Jon and Marinette.

"Hello Pennyworth, we would be having a few guest today." He said and Alfred nodded, he looked at the rear mirror and slightly smile. "We need to do a group work at the manor" He continued.

They drove silently, quite awkward and after some time, they finally arrived. The gates opened for them and they entered, there was a long path leading to the manor. Marinette was surprised that Damian's house has a huge land.

When they neared, Marinette was more surprised. His house is huge! She have seen huge mansion but this one is an exception, it's massive. She never seen any mansion like this, she was curious how the inside would look since the exterior of the building has quite a unique architecture.

They soon stopped and Alfred opened the door for them, Damian went out first, followed by Jon and Marinette. "Welcome home Master Damian and Master Jon" Both boys nodded. Marinette was dumbfounded. She knew Jon was Damian's friend but, she didn't think Jon went to his house frequently.

Alfred turned to Marinette's direction and smiled slightly. "Hello, I am Alfred Pennyworth, the butler of-" Alfred was cut off by Damian coughing and Alfred looked slightly confused, nevertheless he continued.

"What is your name Miss?" He asked. "Marinette" She replied softly and he smiled. "Oh yes, Miss Marinette, welcome to the-" He was cut off by Damian coughing again. Odd, Marinette thought.

Alfred looked at him confused and they started to whisper while looking at her a few times. She stood there quite awkwardly. "What is the problem Master Damian?" Alfred questioned.

"Well, she doesn't know that I am a Wayne yet" He sighed. "Why though? She is eventually going to find out" Alfred warned and Damian nodded.

"I know, but I didn't want her to be after my wealth and fame" Damian stated and Alfred sighed. "Do you plan on telling her?" Alfred questioned and Damian shook his head. "Not yet"

Alfred sighed. "You would need to tell her one way or another Master Damian" He nodded. "Uhh, so should we be going our way?" Jon asked, trying to break the awkward tension and Marinette nodded in agreement.

"Yes, follow me then" Damian gestured. "Nice meeting you Miss Marinette" Alfred said and smiled. She smiled and nodded.

They entered the manor, it was peaceful and Damian was relieved. Luckily for him, there weren't anyone home, yet and he was relieved. He walked along the halls followed by Jon. Marinette looked around, awestruck.