Chapter 33

(A/N: Art credit: ghostdoodlen on tumblr)(I edited a bit on the bubbles)

It was yet another day of school in Gotham Academy for the trio of friends (Damian, Marinette and Jon), except that there is still the MPS + some Parisian classmates that would still be joining their classes.

After going after the last class before lunch break, which was Mathematics. Let's just say the class witnessed an epic battle of wits between a specific pair of student.

The teacher had a great 'fun' idea which was to held was a mini math quiz competition about the review of this semester's math lessons. The prize was a huge amount of extra credits for their mathematics score. Mathematics was the most challenging class of all. Unfortunately, most students wasn't satisfied with their current scores which was obvious why and it made it crucially beneficial for them to get. The prize is very attractive for all students because they needed those extra points.

Unfortunately for the students, two of the smartest students were interested at the challenge.

When two of the top students volunteered themselves to join the quiz, half of the class gave up and decided not to join. They all knew their fates were sealed because the two often debate on math classes and everyone knew both of their intellect.

How about the other half? Well, they still wanted to still try even if deep down they all knew that their fate were already sealed. Neverthless, they thought giving it a shot would be better than not.

Even Jon decided not to join and opted to watch two of his friends battle alongside Chloe (who could join but decised against it).

The parisian trio and MPS decided not to join either because it wasn't particular beneficial for them to join because they didn't need the extra credits since they were only going to join class for a bit. Even if the teacher allowed it. MPS knew what was about to happen while the Parisian trio didn't particular knew what the full lessons were and didn't understand that much.

Well, it started and it wasn't long before the other classmates were eliminated. In the end, two top students were left and still racing against each other to get the top spot.

The Parisian trio (Adrien, Alya and Nino) and MPS (Luka, Alix, Chloe and Kagami) were amazed at the sight in front of them.

The pair of students were rushing to calculate against each other swiftly.

They were at each other's neck to neck. Both wasn't going to give up at the spot easily.

The score was currently tied.

9 - 9 was written on the board in front.

"The answer is 18" Marinette stated.

"No, its 13" Damian argued.

They stared at each other, none willing to back down.

They were explaining their own ways and rebuking each other. Even the teacher took a backstep so that they could try to ressolve it by themselves, thr teacher didn't dare to interject the fierce battle amongst his top students.

Marinette and Damian were fighting fiercely against each other, arguing and rebuking each other.

Their battle of wits were quite something.

The question was:

y=17cos²x-7sin²x-10sinxcosx

They compared each others work and they even debated that they used a slightly different work but in the end they ended up with similar results.

After a long debate, they even rebuked each other until the last line.

"K = √144+25 equals to 13"

"Yes, it is true but you forgot the last step which is K.cos(2x-θ)+5 which equals to 13+5 and the answer is 18"