Chapter 17

Marinette's POV

She couldn't sleep properly last night, her heads was full of thoughts all night. Her head was thinking of the outcome of her friends being heroes and the endless possibilities. She got around 3 hours of sleep, which isn't enough for her. She's exhausted and had to go to school bright and early.

She is currently walking to her usual coffee shop, they made good coffee and she needs the energy for the whole day. Which she finally arrived and was met by a happy barista.

"Morning Marinette! Bright morning isn't it?" The barista greeted her cheerfully, opposite to what she is currently feeling.

She felt like a living zombie but she'll manage, she has been through worse than today.

"I suppose. Cup of black coffee, 12 shots, on the go" She said softly while the Barista looked at her amused while writing the order.

"The usual size?" She shook her head. "Biggest"

"Its one of those days?" She nodded while he gave her a smile at her, as she payed for her coffee.

"You've had worst, you'll be great" He tried to cheer her up and she gave him a smile.

He made her order while she waited. Her mind still had the recurring thought from last night added with other thoughts alongside.

"Here, I hope you have a great day!" He said snapping her out of her thoughts. She took it and took a sip and sighed in delight.

"Thanks Ray, I needed this, you made the best coffee" He beamed at her happily as she bid him goodbye.

She walk through the sidewalk while sipping her delicious scorching hot coffee which warmed her body and gave her energy for the day.

Third Person POV

She was distracted, her thought wouldn't leave her alone, that she didn't realize she had already arrived in school. And that Jon was calling her which she didn't took notice of, so Jon approached her walking figure.

"Nette-Marinette!" She finally snap out of her stupor.

"Yes?" She answered and was surprised to find that Jon was waving his hand in front of her face and realized she had already arrived at school.

He sighed in relieved, "Are you okay? I called a few times but you didn't respond" He asked worried and she nodded.

"I'm fine, I just had a lot in my mind" She gave him a smile to reassure him. He was quite suspicious but let it go, "Okay then"

"Anyways, where's Damian? I haven't seen him yet. I thought you were with him?" He shook his head.

"He isn't. He's probably already in class, as always, early" He stated and she nodded.

They chatted while they walked to class together, it was a nice chat, which made her forgot about her thoughts for a bit.

Damian saw Jon and Marinette chatting happily and she somewhat felt a bit hurt. Why is he even feeling this? He thought. He tried to come up with an answer while watching the two converse but it made it worse. When he had enough and glared at Jon.

Jon feeling someone burning holes behind him turned to be met by a glaring Damian. Which gave him chills and he laughed nervously, 'Why is he glaring at me? Did I do something wrong?'

Marinette felt the discomfort and turned towards his direction to see Damian glaring at Jon.

Odd, she didn't think Jon did anything wrong. Feeling the discomfort, and wanting to help him, she went to Damian.